old vs new version

Hi

I've played the "old" version of Nethergate (demo only), with the flat graphics. Because I lack attention span I just noticed that there is a newer version out with Geneforge-like graphics.

I don't suppose one can register the old version any more. I noticed that Netherworld is more expensive than the other games, yet I believe it's actually a physically smaller game, in terms of gameplay.

Have there been additions made to this game? Why does it cost more? It worth starting the demo all over again?

Satisfying Answer: Nethergate is expensive because much of the Spiderweb community considers it the best of the Spiderweb games (aside from Blades).

Unsatisfying Answer: Who knows? Spiderweb's pricing schemes have always been odd. Nethergate is worth its price, and it's even more worth the $15 cost of getting it with another Spiderweb title.

—Alorael, who would be apalled if Nethergate were adapted to the Geneforge engine. The first part of the game Jeff thought of was the enormous cliff in the goblin mines near Shadow Valley Fort. Removing cliffs would kill the Nethergateness.

Quote:
Originally written by Drakey:
Hm, odd they never made a sequel. Perhaps because it would destroy the significance of it. I hope they don't remake Exile graphics, that's the best of all Spiderweb's games in my opinion.
Considering that the whole point of Avernum was remaking of Exile with better graphics, I doubt Jeff will remake Exile again. Is anybody looking forward to Aabanum? smile (Since Avernum's name was likely selected to appear early in alpahabetical list of games, next logical step is Aabanum.)

PS Why does Shaper Lord's PDN appear as "Drakey" when quoted?

Member 5219 was banned for using the name "Drakey", as well as being mean. I'm guessing an Administrator changed the name afterward. UBB, in its intricacies and general ununderstandability, maintains that his name is "Drakey". Sometimes.

If Exile/Avernum is ever remade, the new product's name will probably be Hades.

Quote:
Originally written by St. Ashby the Martyr:
Member 5219 was banned for using the name "Drakey", as well as being mean. I'm guessing an Administrator changed the name afterward. UBB, in its intricacies and general ununderstandability, maintains that his name is "Drakey". Sometimes.

If Exile/Avernum is ever remade, the new product's name will probably be Hades.
Or Erebus.

- Archmagus Micael