Moderate-high resistance and acid/energy status effects

Brocktree

I've noticed that having moderate-high acid resistance grants some sort of immunity to having the 'acid' status effect bestowed on the PC. The same principle applies for energy resistance and lightning status effects.

Just thought I'd throw this out there to see if people have noticed something similar. I think that it's quite a significant observation, since lightning is one of the nastiest status effects in the game.

This is known. Resistance to the appropriate element can reduce the number of levels of acid/poison you receive at the moment you are afflicted with that condition. It can also reduce the damage you take each time you take damage.

Note that in some of the games, the damage types are messed up. I believe Jeff fixed this after I discovered it -- energy resistance reduced damage taken from acid, rather than acid resistance, or something along those lines.

That's interesting. I remember making an observation a while back that hardiness reduces the likelihood of being cursed/weakened/slowed. It must work in a similar fashion.

I guess it's also a point in favour of boosting your resistance stats, as they act in two independent ways to reduce damage from elemental status effects.