Demon Lord

pitttbulll

Can anyone give me some help how to beat the demon lord back through the portal after killing the wizard. My party is around level 30 and they are getting owned pretty bad.

Do I need to come back at a higher level or am I just not fighting him right?

I'm also on hard level so I would prefer to not have to bend and beat him on a lower level.

Thanks.

Level 30 is as high as you can get in Avadon so all you can do is improve equipment. A single character on torment difficulty can do it so at worst retrain your party in Beraza Woods if you still can't do it.

Try to attack Beloch when the barrier is thinner. This is the only time that you can do significant damage. When the barrier is thick, attack his summoned minions so they won't bother you. It will take a few cycles to kill him.

Try to use range attacks since he has a curse for nearby foes later in the battle.

In my experience, killing the undead titans early on makes a huge difference. Their HP is high but falls pretty quickly to concentrated assault, and each one has attacks nearly as strong as Beloch's. In particular, they have an earthshatter-like attack that does heavy damage in a large area and has a good chance of stunning. Suck down two of those in quick succession and you might as well reload on the spot.

Aside from that, keep characters out of Beloch's attack range as much as possible (unlike most enemies, he remains static, meaning his attack radius does as well). His strongest attacks tend to be area bursts that emanate from him, and go about as far as the maximum range of a normal attack. This means that shamans, sorceresses, and even bow-focused blademasters with circular ranged skills* can spend part of the battle out of his attack range, significantly reducing the damage they take while impacting their damage output very little.

*Sorceress: Ice/fire rain, acid cloud. Shaman: spirit charge, poison cloud. Blademaster: sharpshooter spray. These attacks have the longest effective range of any in the game, since their effect extends a few squares past the "target."

I'd really like to see a single character beating Beloch on torment. Please, someone make a video of it. I've heard people say that it's possible to do on torment with just one character, but I am really curious how it would play out (I.E. I don't see how just one character could not be overwhelmed once the imps/wizards start spawning).

Anyhow, I did this fight on torment with my main character (a blademaster), Shima, and Nathalie. The key really is positioning. I stuck my Blademaster up front as a meat sheild to take damage, stuck Shima out of range, and had Nathalie just in range. The thing that sucks is that Nathalie has to be in range in order to hit him, which is bad as Beloch will sometimes kill her within the first three attacks if you aren't careful.

Make sure everyone's on speed because you have to do as much damage as possible before he throws up his sheild. You can usually get his health down to 1/2 or less before he throws up his shields. Then just move everybody back out of range and concentrate on attacking the imps that are spawned. Ignore the Wizard once he spawns, then move back in and eliminate Beloch once he drops his shields again.

It's not that hard of a battle, but it relies quite abit on random chance as if Beloch does two attacks of a certain type in a row he can kill Nathalie outright and you can't win without Nathalie. If you are using resurrection scrolls it shouldn't be too bad as you can just revive her, but when I did it I was going for the no resurrection achievement which made the fight much harder as I couldn't revive anyone if they fell.

• 6 years later...

I came back to the tower after killing the wizard, yet both gates to the demon summoning area are closed from the inside.

So, if you leave, you can't kill him anymore apparently...

(In my first confrontation with Moritz I was just like level 20, no way I could do it. Also I only play on Torment.)

PS: Nevermind, I found how to enter, had forgotten. It's from the underground.

Edited by NimoStar