Life of the Game

Coincidentally I grabbed it today to play again. It's been a few years.

I'm gonna go for Romans.

Love magic, but something about the Romans I like a lot. I think it's the cool way that Jeff captured the Roman spirit without romantizicing them. I've admired the Romans (part of the Romans, not all!) since I was a kid.

Anyway, were244, you're not the only one still interested in this game.

Glad to see I'm not the only one either.

Cheers!

Yeah it was short. Even playing two sides.

I like the fact that it is the only "one-shot" game from SW. The others have sequels, even editors.

I was hoping that JV´s unknown project was something along the lines of Nethergate: another stand alone game with a revised engine, although the current engine is fine.

Here´s hoping more people pick it up and play it again, or for the first time.

Besides: how many RPGs allow you to play Romans?

Nethergate was the first Spiderweb game I played, and it still holds a special place for me. I'm also a history enthusiast, and really enjoyed its solid basis in fact. Nethergate's probably the Spiderweb game I think on most fondly, so I guess it would qualify as my favorite.

Long Live Nethergate!

Nethergate is my favorite game from SW for several reasons.

The historical background.

The basis in myth as apposed to generic fantasy

The very different magic system that made nearly every druid or roman caster different.

The ability to discover the great history of the game. I am a big fan of finding out about people and civilizations that existed before the game itself takes place.

All of the intrigue.

And all of this I have gotten just from the Demo!

Seriously now, I plon on ordering BoA, because I want to play it but also because it will get me a serious discount on a copy of Nethergate!

Indeed it would be a good thing if after Geneforge 3, Jeff started on a completely new, stand-alone adventure which was at least as good as Nethergate. Preferably alot longer aswell.

It would be interesting if it happened. However it is unlikely due to various issues, for example, JV is a businessman, like all businessmen he likes money. The trilogies with a Blades at the end make more than stand-alones. Thus trilogies get made.

Quote:
Originally written by Icshi:
Nethergate was the first Spiderweb game I played, and it still holds a special place for me. I'm also a history enthusiast, and really enjoyed its solid basis in fact. Nethergate's probably the Spiderweb game I think on most fondly, so I guess it would qualify as my favorite.

Long Live Nethergate!
*nodds* mine too. Plus, Nethergatwe was the first non-pokémon RPG i could compreheand to play.

I really like Nethergate. I have played it twice with the Celts and started countless times with the Romans. My problem with the Romans is that they don't have my favorite spells(like Doom) and I'm always scared to go into Annwn frown . Actually, Nethergate got me started on the Celts. I love the mythology and the way they thought about things. I especially like the way they treated women as equals. cool

Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
My understanding was that the reason that Jeff didn't make sequels to Nethergate is that it didn't sell very well. I think I heard that from someone who was just speculating, though....
I imagine it would also be difficult to write a sequel for, given the ending.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the Celts becouse the can cast the spell Ravage Live.

The spell can deal with a fomorian!

And i like the romans to because there weapon skills, my publius has at the begin of the game 96% chance to hit wit a spear and 92% chance to hit with a javelin.

Celts and romans are really cool but you must configure them right.