"Don't Bug Me With Your Issues!"

Bushwhacker2k

I'm trying to get this achievement (unsure if this game is available outside of Steam, I get it by not making any of my allies happy) and I had a question or two:

Can I start going through each mission and then stop when confronted with the real choice (generally Avalon & The Pact vs. Individual Province/Personal Feelings) in each situation and still get this?

Also, did Nathalie's situation ever give such a choice (I recall what happened but not if I was ever implicitly told that it'd go against the pact)?

You're supposed to go through each quest and then side with Avadon over your companion. The choice in Nathalie's quest is about whether to satisfy Nathalie's desire for bloody revenge or to pick treasure. Avadon doesn't really figure into it; you're picking solely between greed and your companion.

—Alorael, who recommends going through the quests. If you don't, they never rejoin your party and you'll eventually find the game immensely difficult with your party of one.

Originally Posted By: Am I not audible?
You're supposed to go through each quest and then side with Avadon over your companion. The choice in Nathalie's quest is about whether to satisfy Nathalie's desire for bloody revenge or to pick treasure. Avadon doesn't really figure into it; you're picking solely between greed and your companion.

—Alorael, who recommends going through the quests. If you don't, they never rejoin your party and you'll eventually find the game immensely difficult with your party of one.

Lol @ Greed > Friendship

When you say you recommend going through the quest, do you mean going through UNTIL you reach the choice of Avadon/Pact/Selfishness vs. Individual Province/Companion/Individual Feelings?

The decision always comes at the very end of the quest, so you can't reach the decision and then stop. Once you decide, you're stopping one way or another.

—Alorael, who recommends going through the quests because he doesn't think the game registers you as displeasing your party until you've chosen against them. Practically speaking, the game will also become very hard unless you finish the quests and still have all your party members available to you, as playing when you're down to two or only one characters is not so easy.

Originally Posted By: This * is a veiled reference.
The decision always comes at the very end of the quest, so you can't reach the decision and then stop. Once you decide, you're stopping one way or another.

—Alorael, who recommends going through the quests because he doesn't think the game registers you as displeasing your party until you've chosen against them. Practically speaking, the game will also become very hard unless you finish the quests and still have all your party members available to you, as playing when you're down to two or only one characters is not so easy.

Okay, what I was asking (and evidently not being clear enough about) was can I progress through the quest until I get to the point that it is the last point where I can choose to not help my companion and then decide not to help them and still get this achievement? (I would assume yes, but I'd rather ask now than find out 30 hours later that I made a mistake)

---

Also, not totally related but in my first playthrough I helped all of my companions and in my main menu statistics I did not please any of my companions, guessing they didn't make the feature that records that functional?

You only get the achievement by finishing the quests with the decisions that goes against your party members' wishes, not be refusing to complete the quests.

—Alorael, who has no idea how the main menu tracks statistics. He paid no attention and can't help there. If you fought Redbeard and they joined you, you pleased them.

You only get the achievement by finishing the quests with the decisions that goes against your party members' wishes, not be refusing to complete the quests.

—Alorael, who has no idea how the main menu tracks statistics. He paid no attention and can't help there. If you fought Redbeard and they joined you, you pleased them.

Okay, that's the answer I was looking for for the achievement, thanks.

In reply to the 2nd portion of the comment, I guess they must have really wanted to me to kill Redbeard (along with 99% of everyone I met in the entire game, this guy must be a genius at antagonizing people)

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Bushwhacker2k

Okay, that's the answer I was looking for for the achievement, thanks.

In reply to the 2nd portion of the comment, I guess they must have really wanted to me to kill Redbeard (along with 99% of everyone I met in the entire game, this guy must be a genius at antagonizing people)

60+ years of iron-fisted rule will do that...