(AIMHack) Zombies 2: This Time, It's Personal

Nioca

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Narg
For future reference, tell any new neighbors that you're a registered sex offender or something. See if Ma and Pop let little Billy get candy from your house then.

Well, before doing that, find out whether or not Billy's parents are responsible, or if they were forced to move after misplacing their other son. No need to whip out the molestation card until you've been trumped every other way, especially if it's going to result in more attention from negligently-cared for kids.

REMINDER!

The next session is starting in 20 Minutes! Or possibly 1 Hour and 20 Minutes!

Ah, screw it. The session is starting at some unidentified point this evening which may or may not have been effected by daylight savings time ending, so please just show up within the next two hours and never let me schedule another session the same day the clocks change again oh dear god I suck at scheduling these things!

That is all.

Indeed, the party wound up straying a little closer to a TPK than they wanted or planned this session. Everyone's alive... if only just.

(To give an idea, the active party [that is, not counting Mario, who was inactive the whole time] is down to about 34% of their full health)

Also, from now on, I'm doing the grids in Google Docs. Because I forgot how much of a pain in the rear text-based grids were.

Anyway, if you missed it, the next session is scheduled for SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20TH, 6:00 PM. Hopefully this time, the party will actually escape from the White River Valley.

*trouble post*

First off, the log of Session 2 - The Apache is now done.

As is, in fact, the log of Session 3 - The Storm. And this one comes with quotes!

Click to reveal.. (It's a veritable downpour of quotes!)
(Excalibur): (You invoke the power of Shiva and somehow conjure additional gasoline)

ZM: Nathan pulls out and, turning on the lights and hitting the wipers, starts the truck south towards destinations unknown.

(Excalibur): (That only took two hours :D)

Ben: "How about we just drive past these zombies? Cause unlike you all I don't find fighting them to be fun. I really find it to be a horrible business."

Tocmetone: "Well we can't just sit here and listen to the creatures' percussion."

Ben: "Why not?"

(Sylae): (Next session: Mario wakes up to find the rest of the party has fumbled themselves to death)

Larry: "Hey Nathan... You're driving sucks."

Nathan: "So does your aim, but you don't hear me complaining."

Gordon: "Come on! There weren't nearly as many crashes back when there were other drivers on the road!"

Larry: "I'd just like to mention that I was on the 'not stop and get eaten' side of the debate."

And the session's still on for tomorrow. See Sylae's nifty counter thingy above for the exact time. Or just look at it right below this sentence.

session-countdown-image.php?title=Zombie

Click to reveal..
Gordon Abspa

STR: 5 (+1)
DEX: 2
PER: 1
INT: 3
HP: 20 (+2)
AC: 12
SPD: 4

Gadgeteer Genius – +4 when creating/modifying devices/weaponry. Less severe consequences on failure.

Weapon Proficiency (Melee)
No -4 HIT penalty when using melee weapons

SKILLS
Athletics: 2 (+1)
Engineering: 4 (+1)
Gun Know.: 2
Observation: 2
Sneak: 3
Tactics: 5 (+1)

Click to reveal.. (The Doctor is in)
Dr. Larry Hendrickson, L3 Male Doctor (Sylae)

ATTRIBUTES: 2STR/3DEX/3PER/3INT
HP [10+2S]: 4/14/14
AC [10+D]: 13
SPD [3+0.5D]: 4

Steady Hands – Botched First Aid does no damage.
Weap. Prof. (Small arms) - No -4 HIT for pistols & SMG

SKILLS
Athletics: 2
Driving: 2
First Aid: 5
Observation: 3
Search: 3
Gun Knowledge: 1
Speechcraft: 2

INVENTORY
Shirt, Pants, Lab Coat
Revolver [4Dmg Pierce, 3/6SmCal, Full-Round Reload]
Sturdy Board [2-Handed, 3Dmg Blunt]
Jerkin [+1 AC]
Keys to Cadillac [Car Stolen]
Keys to Blue Convertible
Wallet w/ ID & $600
Box of Granola Bars [8]
Canteen [Water: 2 Days]
5-gallon carboy [Gasoline: 100%]
First Aid Kit:
-2 Bandages
-0 Sutures
-2 Aspirin [+2HP, -1DR (temp)]
-Bottle of Rubbing Alcohol [40%]

Click to reveal..
Ben, L3 Male Former Minister/Charismatic Traveler
(Rowen)

ATTRIBUTES: 3STR/3DEX/2PER/3INT
HP [10+2S]: 0/0/16
AC [10+D]: 11
SPD [3+½D]: 3

Well Read – 1PD, get a +4 to any INT roll. [Ready]
Weapon Proficiency (Automatics)

SKILLS
Athletics: 4
Driving: 5
Speechcraft: 3
Deception: 2+1
Intimidation: 0+1
Negotiation: 2+1

Click to reveal.. ("Loot Magnet")
Andrew Nathanial "Nathan" Ward, L3 Male Thief

ATTRIBUTES: 2STR/4DEX/2PER/3INT
HP [10+2S]: 12/12/14
AC [10+D]: 14
SPD [3+½D]: 5

Coward – +4 Reflex, -2 Will.
Scavenger - Can choose to re-roll any search check made when searching for loot.

SKILLS
Athletics: 4 [+2]
Driving: 2 [+1]

Engineering: 3
Observation: 1
Search: 3 [+1]
Sneak: 4
Tactics: 1

I've got Nathan's inventory here. I moved some stuff around, mostly putting stuff in the truck for anyone who wants it.
Click to reveal.. (My inventory according to my notes.)

On person:
- Black t-shirt
- Blue jeans
- Sneakers and socks
- Aviator sunglasses
- Black and green windbreaker
- Green baseball cap
- Backpack
- Steak knife [1dmg Slashing]
- Flashlight
- Captive Bolt Pistol (ready) [6dmg Blunt, +1Crit, triple dmg on crit, uses DEX]
- Pneumatic Canisters: 1
- Pistol (3/10 rounds) [3dmg Pierce]
- Pistol (10/10 rounds) [3dmg Pierce]
- Small caliber magazine (0/10 rounds)
- Keys to brown pickup truck

In backpack:
- Spare shirt
- 32oz clear plastic water bottle (empty)
- Box of matches (10 matches)
- Small set of lock picks
- 3 water bottles (empty)
- 2 cans of chicken
- Binoculars
- Bottle of vodka

In/On Brown Truck
Fuel: 100% (25/25 gallons)
- Canopy
- Fishing Rod
- Tackle Box with supplies
- Spare Engine
- Spare Battery
- Spare Alternator
- 5-gallon gas can (full)
- 5-gallon water cooler (filled with gas)
- 2 spare tires
- Rusty truck jack
- Some large pots and pans
- Double-barreled shotgun (0/2 shells loaded) [6dmg Piercing Burst, +8 hit at pbr]
- Shotgun shells: 0
- Emergency Radio
- Spider Wrench
- Small kerosene lamp

Okay, everyone survived, and EVERYONE LEVELS UP! Same as usual, but this time, you get a new feat as well!

And there's the possibility a couple perks might get handed out as well...

Next session is tenatively scheduled for December 4th.

Oh, yeah, one more thing. Dantius was absent for this session (again). This is normally just irksome, but real life happens. However, not only was he not present, but he failed to give any notice what-so-ever that he was not going to show up. Consider yourself on notice. I will tolerate a complete no-show with no warning ONCE. If it happens again, Mario is either getting taken over permanently by a willing sub, or killed off and replaced by a new character. (Many thanks to Lilith, who subbed for him for the entire session)

I had to think awhile about which feat I wanted to choose...until I remembered Tocmetone's drawn out fight with Caroline this session.

Click to reveal.. (Tocmetone)

Tocmetone "Shell Flower", L3 Female Paiute Rancher

(Excalibur)

ATTRIBUTES: 3STR (+1)/4DEX/2PER/2INT

HP [10+2S]: 10/10/16 (+2)

AC [10+D]: 14+1

SPD [3+½D]: 5

Quick Draw – Switching weapons is a move action. First shot when negotiations break down.

Weapon Proficiency (Melee)

No -4 HIT penalty when using melee weapons

SKILLS

Athletics: 5 (+1)

Forestry: 5 (+1)

Gun Know.: 1

Observation: 5 (+1)

Search: 1

Newly acquired items are in bold.

Click to reveal.. (Inventory)

Desert Eagle Pistol [5Dmg, -2HIT1H, 0/8 Large Caliber Rounds]

9mm Pistol [3 Dmg 9/10 small caliber]

Small caliber clip [5/10]

Hubcap shield [+2 AC forward]

Compass

Machete (3 dmg slash melee)

Tomahawk x 2 (2 dmg slash melee or thrown)

Leather Chaps [+1 AC]

Leather Belt, Boots, Gloves

Shirt & Jeans

Cowboy Hat & Bandana

Canteen [Empty]

Whistle

Leather Satchel

SATCHEL

Leather Saddle

Question: Quick Draw says it gives a first shot when negotiations break down. When does that actually come into play?

Originally Posted By: Excalibur
Question: Quick Draw says it gives a first shot when negotiations break down. When does that actually come into play?

Good question. Basically, if negotiations fall apart and the enemy acts first, Tocmetone gets one free attack before the enemy gets to take her turn. If the party acts first, her attack goes off before anyone else's.

Last session, it got a little wonky because, despite Mario grappling the enemy leader (you still don't know his name, btw), the negotiations hadn't completely broken down yet; it basically went from a stand-off to a hostage negotiation. When the leader broke free, it was technically right in the middle of the party's turn; Quick Draw came into play, but you had already taken a Defensive Stance that round.

-----

In other news, Larry earned this perk last session!

Piñata-Fu
"You just kicked a guy so hard that loot came out of him." - Lilith
-Critical attack rolls will cause the target to drop one random item out of their inventory. This can include equipped weapons or armor.
-Other critical successes may also cause incidental loot drops.

There may be another perk as well. I'll know for certain once I've done the log.

I'm terribly sorry I missed this. I've been so swamped by work right now it's not even funny. I can't promise I'll be able to attend with any sort of regularity for the next while, so it's probably better if I just drop out and take a leave of absence from SW for a while.

Sorry to let you guys down. If anybody wants my character, he's yours.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
I'm terribly sorry I missed this. I've been so swamped by work right now it's not even funny. I can't promise I'll be able to attend with any sort of regularity for the next while, so it's probably better if I just drop out and take a leave of absence from SW for a while.

Sorry to let you guys down. If anybody wants my character, he's yours.
Alright. Thank you for letting me know, and for your gracious decision. I'll probably just put Mario on a bus for the time being, so he can return at a later date when real life lessens your workload.

Okay. Sanity dictates that I should use this opportunity to reduce the party down to a more manageable five. But this is Spiderweb, and I left my sanity at the door a long time ago.

As such, there is now one slot open for a new character. To apply, first make sure that you can regularly make either Saturday or Sunday Evenings, 7:00 PM EST. Then, simply PM me with a new character at Level 3, preferably with at least a partial backstory and inventory. As when the campaign started, characters from the original Zombies! campaign are eligible. Sign-ups close on Saturday the 26th, at 6:00 PM EST.

At that time, the entrant will be randomly chosen*, and the new character will join the party in the early parts of next session.

Also, yes, I'm working on the log, and it should be up either tonight or tomorrow.

*Or, at least, I'll roll a die to determine who gets in. As any AIMHacker can tell you, that doesn't necessarily mean its random, since the RNG can be a malicious being at times. tongue

Guess what? The Session 4 log is now available! Read up on the longest session of Zombies 2 to date!

It comes with quotes, too!

Click to reveal.. (It's hopeless to make it through all these quotes!)
Mario: "I dunno, seems like we're screwed no matter what, we just get to pick what kind of screwed."

(Nioca): (Can someone call tech support and reboot this zombie, please?)

Nathan: "No no no, the light I mean. Could it be valuable?"

Larry: "With our luck? Probably some hick with a hunting rifle taking potshots at survivors. Or, you know, multiple hicks."

Nathan: "Anyone here good with a gun? Oh, what am I saying? Of course none of you are good with a gun. How about this: anyone here promise not to shoot me if I give you one?"

ZM: Larry knees the zombie in the nards, but learns that with great decay comes greater pain tolerance.

(Nalyd): (So we only win when they inexplicably decide not to attack us?)

Tocmetone: "This place is more desolate than a public shcool."

(Lilith): (You just kicked a guy so hard that loot came out of him.)

Ben: "I say we raid lone farms or ranches, hit small towns. Not a city that could hold over a million zombies. But then I want to live so I just my be the crazy one here."

...and signups are now closed.

Unfortunately, despite hearing interest from a few people, nobody actually bothered to submit a new character. So it appears the survivors are now going to have to make do with five people.

Remember, though, the next session is Sunday, December 4th, at the usual time and place. See you there!

Originally Posted By: Rowen
Ben took 2 bullets while at 2 HP and lived. That is what a real tank is. Take damage and live to take more. Who needs high HP, combat skilled, and damage resistant characters when you have Ben to take the bullets for you? It's like having a Mario on steroids.

tongue
You just keep saying that, until "Mario on steroids" isn't getting patched up anymore because Doctor on Granola only has two bandages left and there's not a chance in Hell the zombies are going to take it easy on us.

Honestly, part of the supply problem is that you've been looking in backwoods Nevada, in places that have already been looted and scavenged. If you can get to some place that has a greater infrastructure and (former) population, you'd probably find far more supplies.

But you didn't hear this from me. tongue

Still haven't heard from Excalibur one way or another. Normally I'd go ahead with it, but as an added bonus, I think I'm coming down with some sort of throat malady. Yay.

So, I'm rescheduling the session for NEXT SUNDAY, DECEMBER 11TH. I'm sorry to disappoint, but I think I'd be sorrier if I made you go into this next part two characters down with a ZM who isn't in peak condition.