Understanding the "no items in containers" bug - Avernum 6

neversleep

After fighting through the entire "honey comb horrors" quest, i noticed - no flame blame drop from the drake. Nothing! No drops from hirickis. and every container was empty.

A previous reload from spire had items in all containers. The problem resurfaced (i noticed) once I used a portal. So im relegated to running everywhere now frown. The era of transportation is over!

Yes i have tried uninstalling, reinstalling from a new download. That hant worked. So the bug seems to be in the saved game itself.

Edit - It happens on every zone change. Now even walking everywhere wont help frown

The problem is a corrupt save game file and not the use of the portal. It's a weird problem that has appeared in several games. Usually it only makes containers and items already on the ground disappear and not items that drop when you kill monsters.

The only fix is to use a different saved game from before the problem occurred. I'm guessing by this point the Autosave file has been corrupted too since you have been playing for a while since you noticed the problem. There isn't a way to fix a file once it's been corrupted since it contains the information about where items are in the game and these have been removed.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. That is if you have any left after this problem.

You are correct, sadly. My autosave was junked too. Party died a horrible death, with no hope for any other gear than what they had on already.

Restarted the game. Could find no workaround. sigh.

Browsing through the forums - I noticed some people had used the 'backtostart' cheat when this bug happened. But i was'nt even aware that this existed.

• 12 years later...

Ohhh. No. 

that… sucks.

replying to a 13 year old bugged game post with me too. 

Still doing it on iPad in 2024. 

i was walking into the second arena stairwell, the game spat out a text error and kicked me to the STARTING BEDROOM!

Everything was reset. All doors and containers closed. All containers were empty. None of the monsters dropped loot. Loot that was just laying on the ground was not affected.

no other saves as I was trying a no reload game.

fail.