Original Nethergate screwing up my system

Arch-Mage Solberg

I reinstalled Nethergate onto my laptop. The first few times I played it and everything was fine. Now the screen messes up and the only way that I can fix it is by rebooting. Please tell me that there's a fix for this (besides buying Nethergate:Resurrection, which I hope to do anyway within a few months).

Post #602 cool

Originally Posted By: Lilith
Can you describe how "the screen messes up"? Have you tried updating the drivers for your video card?

Well, Lilith the screen sort of shifts. Part of the left side of the screen ends up on the right side. For example: the screen how it looks now is like a row of numbers; 123456789. The screen when it shifts looks like this; 456789123. It's hard for me to explain but that's about the best that I can do.

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
Also, more information about your laptop would hlep. You have literally told us nothing: not even the platform you are using!

Sorry about that Slarty. Having never had a problem before with the games until I got my new laptop I missed discussing the main detail. My computer is a Compaq Presario CQ57-229WM Notebook. The operating system is Windows 7. It uses AMD Radeon HD 6250 Graphics.

I hope that this answers your question.

Originally Posted By: Malical
Quick question: You are rebooting the entire computer right, not just the game?

The entire computer is rebooted.

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
Since it worked fine the first few times, it's possible something in the game was corrupted. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling.

I have thought of that and tried it out. It kept messing up.

*UPDATE*

I didn't try this until earlier this afternoon, but I started messing around with the compatability options from the properties menu. I've got it set to Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and to run in 640 x 480 resolution. I played through once for about three hours without incident. I'll let y'all know if it doesn't work out. Thank y'all for your help on this little problem of mine.

Post #603 cool