Abilities for Sorceress and Shaman Attacks

RandomOG

I'm not quite sure which abilities affect Sorceress and Shaman attacks, like Firebolt, Lightning Wind, Ice storm and Spirit Claw, Poison Mist, Call the Wind, especially the first in each Group. I stared off assuming they were magic attacks so were based purely on Intelligence, then discovered that they sometimes missed so now I wonder if there is a Dexterity dependence as well? Can anyone clarify how this works?

Thanks

Randomiser (UK!)

From Slarty's analysis:

3) Dexterity. Used for SW (Searing Pot, Lightning Pot, Steel Tornado) and SH (Call the Storm, Earthquake, Earthshatter). I have no idea why those Shaman abilities use Dex and not Int, but they do.

4) Intelligence + Magic Weapon. Used only for SH and SO regular attacks.

5) Intelligence. Used for all SO damage abilities and the remaining SH damage abilities (Spirit Charge, Poison Mist, Acid Mist, Call the Winds).

Welcome back Randomiser,

---- Randomizer (US)

Thanks Randomizer.

I finally bought the game!

Didn't read this far down the analysis because the thread starts out being about parry rates, which I wasn't bothered about.

No disrespect intended to your handle, it's just that I've been using Randomiser as mine in various games and forums since 97, on and off, so I'd like to stick with it. I doubt any confusion is likely once people start to read the posts.

Randomiser (UK)