Call for Windows Beta testers

See here to apply if you want to be a Windows beta tester for Nethergate: Resurrection. Jeff wants XP users, but prefers Vista.

This offer won't last long.

Looks like another month to release.

Oh, Jeff takes a few days to reply to applications and a few more after you send in the non-disclosure agreement. So hearing nothing doesn't mean that you were rejected.

Quote:
Originally written by Marcelo:
one more month? what?
It's been ages since this game for Mac was released... It's inevitable to think that because it takes the company so long to make the Windows version, THAT is the one that should have been released first.
1. Jeff codes on a Mac. He has always done this. He always will. Therefore, the Mac version will always come out first.
2. The game was announce 1.5 years before it was released. I'm pretty sure that means the Mac version took longer. :p
3. Spiderweb is comprised of 3 people. You can't expect them to port a game in a week. Heck, not even big companies do that.

Quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:
Quote:
Originally written by Marcelo:
one more month? what?
It's been ages since this game for Mac was released... It's inevitable to think that because it takes the company so long to make the Windows version, THAT is the one that should have been released first.
1. Jeff codes on a Mac. He has always done this. He always will. Therefore, the Mac version will always come out first.
2. The game was announce 1.5 years before it was released. I'm pretty sure that means the Mac version took longer. :p
3. Spiderweb is comprised of 3 people. You can't expect them to port a game in a week. Heck, not even big companies do that.
1. Sure, I know he loves mac (but I don't). laugh
2. Err... I might not be good at maths, but add that "1.5 years" to what Windows users have to wait + the time after the mac version came out.
3. Yeah, but I insist, if it soo difficult for these 3 people to get the Win version then... er.. I would start earlier.
Anyways, I'm just an impatient. laugh

Jeff starts on the Windows version earlier, but he waits for users to send in comments and bugs that Mac beta testers miss so he can adjust the Windows version. Also it takes almost a month for the Windows beta testers to completely test the game more than once.

Geneforge 4 is a good example in that some creations do different damage in the Mac and Windows versions.

Quote:
Originally written by avernum1:
Well I got an emailed NDA a lil less than a week ago so i'm guessing if ya got that then the beta will be out fairly soon.

Or ya can just wait. It's been 10 years for some of us wink ...a couple weeks won't hurt too much.
Nethergate hasn't quite been out for 9 years yet. :p