Wayfarer Titan Papers

swelter

I burned the Titan papers and I'm in Bandit Road & met up with the Wayfarer. But the only option I'm getting is "I didn't burn the papers."

Luckily I saved just before meeting up with the Wayfarer, so I went back to Titan Peaks and doubled checked -- sure enough there's there's nothing but ashes in the chest.

I played this through once before with the "I burned the papers" option but I got stuck in the Hideout, so I started again from an earlier save, in which I had the Shigaz Bandit quest but I didn't go there first - rather went and rescued Nathalie first to gain some exp.

Is this a glitch? I reinstalled the game itself but still working from my saved game files. Please don't tell me I have to go back once again -- I can't face Zhossa and Nathalie again -- I'll kill her first.

Thanks

You don't have to go back if you're willing to use a cheat code. First, back up your save, just in case.

Press shift-d to bring up the cheat console.

Type in (exactly like this): sdf 8 45 2

Hit enter, or click the green checkmark.

You should see a warning message at the bottom of the screen. Then try talking to the Wayfarer.

• 3 months later...

FWIW, I tried out giving the papers to Miralda instead.

result:

very pleased, she opens the vault gate near the entrance to the dungeon (she does not do this UNLESS you bring her the papers). In that vault, you get:

Sleetcaller's staff:

level 16

20% cold resistance

Lightning shortsword:

level 16 (18?)

+5% melee damage

+5% magic damage

I don't know what the repercussions are for later dialogue.

so, your choice at least changes what equipment you will get; you get a nice bow with mental resist on it from wayfarer as the other option.

• 1 year later...

First of all, woah you have a low postcount for such an old member! Also, yay Firefly signature!

Secondly, <puts moderator hat on> this topic has been dead for over a year; reviving a thread to ask something that (you yourself acknowledge as) off-topic is considered bad form. In future you can create new topics to ask questions. Since we're here, though, it seems that the SDF that controls what you did with the papers is 8,45 (taken from Jerakeen's post, above). You'll probably want to set that to 0 (using the method Jerakeen points out) before going back to the papers and doing what you wish to do.

Haha, yeeah.. bit of a lurker here - been playing since Exile I came out in a demo in MacAddict magazine!!

Oh gosh, I had NO idea the post was that old... had I realized... I'd have just asked. I did a search to fix it first and found it.. and didn't even think. /facepalm... :blush:

And thanks lol Man.. 2 flub ups in a row, sheesh...