Cheat engineering for G5[G5]

Hello disabled or b'stard gamers!

I am here to bring your salvation to geneforge 5!

BEHOLD

How to use:

Warning,do NOT change file name!

(Download and) open cheat engine,click on flie\load and put the file I uploaded in the window that popped up.

When G5 is running,open cheat engine and click the computer icon on the top left corner and select geneforge 5 in the list.Unless you changed the item name,you will be offered to use the fitting cheat table;do so.If you changed the name, go to file\load then select the file i uploaded.

How to manage:

all cheat names have their reccomended values next to then in ()s.Set all cheat values to selected except for the slot values.

The 1st bag slot is recommended for living tools,but you can use it to duplicate items,as any item placed in the slot gets the quantity-the value u selected (100 by default),the items can be devided,and hence duplicated.

the quick slots are for the items you place in them,but watch out when placing or wielding melee weapons,they should NOT get their quantity increased,EVER.

Enjoy.

Also note,no cheat ever increases gem and wand damage,so try not to use these even if you are not cheating,let alone if you are.

EDIT:Link got reshaped.

This is my hobby horse to ride!

In single player games, the point is to have fun. You should play however is most fun to you. Someone else has more fun doing it a different way? Good for them, and keep doing what you like. If you like playing on Torment, with a singleton, without using magic, have fun enjoying your challenge. If you like bringing down unfathomable wrath upon your foes and just seeing the plot, use the editor for all its worth. There's no wrong way.

In particular, given how Jeff put in cheats himself, it's not subverting the intended function of the program. It's just augmenting the cheating he provided.

—Alorael, who doesn't see the inherent value in working. He especially doesn't see the value in working for what you don't want, such as a challenging game when what you enjoy is a steamroll.

Originally Posted By: Vodka and Quicklime
This is my hobby horse to ride!

In single player games, the point is to have fun. You should play however is most fun to you. Someone else has more fun doing it a different way? Good for them, and keep doing what you like. If you like playing on Torment, with a singleton, without using magic, have fun enjoying your challenge. If you like bringing down unfathomable wrath upon your foes and just seeing the plot, use the editor for all its worth. There's no wrong way.

In particular, given how Jeff put in cheats himself, it's not subverting the intended function of the program. It's just augmenting the cheating he provided.

—Alorael, who doesn't see the inherent value in working. He especially doesn't see the value in working for what you don't want, such as a challenging game when what you enjoy is a steamroll.

Alorael, I agree with your sentiment to a degree. However, I'm worried that today's generation of gamers are going to miss out on that priceless feeling you get when you defeat a hard as hell game without resorting to cheating.

There have always been cheaters, and there have always been people who want to play the hardest possible game. That's still true. I don't see that generational crisis amounting to much.

—Alorael, who has not texted someone in the same room except when trying to inflict irritation by constant texting. He has used GChat and AIM in the same room, but usually when silence was required. It helps the meetings stultify a little bit less.

These days it is easier to cheat, and easier to obtain walkthroughs. Furthermore, games have really been dumbed down in the last 5 years. Regenerating health, cover systems, quest compasses, hand holding, linear gameplay... When I was a kid, gaming was for the ultra-nerds who had passion, who were persistent enough to gain the skill to beat some hard as hell games. Now gaming is just some sort of casual thing any idiot can do.

As ironic as it may sound, we're breeding a generation of wimpy nerds.

Originally Posted By: Brocktree
These days it is easier to cheat, and easier to obtain walkthroughs. Furthermore, games have really been dumbed down in the last 5 years. Regenerating health, cover systems, quest compasses, hand holding, linear gameplay... When I was a kid, gaming was for the ultra-nerds who had passion, who were persistent enough to gain the skill to beat some hard as hell games. Now gaming is just some sort of casual thing any idiot can do.

Easier to cheat and obtain walkthroughs? Sure, but that only makes life easier for the people who want those advantages. It says nothing about how many people want them.

Regenerating health and cover systems? Those are changes in mechanics. Cover really only shows up in RPG-shooter hybrids, and regenerating health solves the irritation of post-battle management. Again, reducing the amount of work that has to go into getting on with the game doesn't really make the game less difficult, just less annoying.

Quest compasses? Sometimes they're done well, sometimes they're not. Either way, I can't get worked up about user friendliness that doesn't really affect difficulty. Not being able to figure out where to go is a time sink, but it's not real difficulty unless travel is itself difficult. And that's usually a design flaw.

Most of these things were selecting for ultra-nerds willing to put off with high levels of frustration to get through games. The bar is set lower because user-friendliness has increased, but that's not the same as difficulty at all.

—Alorael, who submits for your consideration the proliferation of higher difficulty modes and games like I Wanna Be the Guy. Love of difficulty is not dead at all. Instead, the existence of casual games means there are more gamers overall because games aren't just for the long tail of the hardcore.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, i always use temperant cheating, i never really used all of those cheats, maybe just the mechanics/leadership/living tool(slot in bag) cheat.

That made the game just right for me, and i only made the other cheats for people who want to use them.

I aught to make a cheat table for geneforge 4 next, or avernum 6.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...