Avadon appreciation thread

Curunir

I just registered on these forums to say a big Thank you! and a big Thumbs up! to the people at Spiderweb and the main man behind the company projects.

I've been eyeing Spiderweb games for some time but the graphics initially put me off, even though I'm a fan of oldschool RPGs. Then finally I saw Avadon on Steam and I thought it had production values that were a little better than previous titles. Then I read some reviews and was very pleased with what I saw. Then I bought the game today, then I played half an hour of it this evening, after work.

I registered here and posted this topic just to say how much I enjoyed what I saw in a mere 30 minutes of playing. I wanted to congratulate Mr. Vogel for creating this little gem. Everything I see and click on in the game world fills me with great joy and makes me feel like I'm playing the lovechild of Ultima and Baldur's Gate.

One more point to congratulate Spiderweb on - very attractive pricing. I love and always try to support indie developers that produce quality games. All the same, what I see as Avadon's only indie competitor - Eschalon, costs three times as much on Steam and I can't say it's significantly better in any way. End result - I purchased Avadon.

I'm rambling now. Bottom line - great job, Spiderweb!

I wish Mr. Vogel and his projects lots of success and LOTS more exposure to gamers through the Steam platform. Keep up the good work, guys, and congratulations from Bulgaria!

[Edit] Just wrote a Friend recommendation for the game on Steam! laugh

http://store.steampowered.com/recommended/byafriend/112100/76561198017746934 [/Edit]