Questoins Questoins

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really (repeat 1000 times)

like Cretecs

1 but is there any way to make them wear heavy armor?

2 what does that "curse" the witch gives you do?

3 How can you get Romans to have light spell at the beginning of the game?

4 which does more damage mellee or pole?

0) It's spelled "Celts". Also, "questions".

1) Nope. Body armour and Celts don't mix. If you're having trouble surviving attacks, put some skill points into Hardiness or Defence instead.

2) The curse makes you a little worse at everything. I suspect it's equivalent to a -1 or -2 penalty to all of your stats. It's best to get yourself uncursed as soon as possible.

3) You can't. The only way to get Craft Circle spell levels as Romans is through Rhian or the hags, neither of which is available until later in the game.

4) The best spears do more damage than the best melee weapons. The difference isn't huge, but then again, shields aren't that great either.

Well, they start with a C and they can't wear heavy armour. They're either Celts or centipedes, and there aren't any centipedes in Nethergate.

(Why centipedes, you ask? Go ahead, try and get a centipede into plate mail. It just doesn't work. All those legs get in the way.)

You've clearly never played Centipede, Thuryl. Those bugs are quite armored. Personally, I thought he meant Aztecs. It's a closer in number of letters and has as many letters in common with Cretecs. They also wore no leather or metal armor. They can equip padded cotton, but that doesn't appear in Nethergate.

—Alorael, who didn't find it difficult to determine whether swords or spears do more damage. Look at a sword and a spear in any shop. Which does more damage?

Quote:
Originally written by Kasumetoru Sai:
So then, to answer the question of which weapon type is best:

Guns are the best.
I'll vote for the crystal wands.

—Alorael, who has certainly produced a few tank-like characters. Hero of Old and a few Nether Circle spells are quite sufficient.

I was similarly shocked some time ago to see Alorael's 'real' title, when he had always been an italicized Blademaster before. I still find it odd that this title is in the second person.

Alorael could avoid the stigma of his next title by becoming a moderator everywhere. Extremism in the pursuit of moderation is no vice. Anyway, he's already most of the way there.

So, who wants to make me a Nethergate mod?

—Alorael, who would be willing to hold mod elections here. Nethergate-style elections. Whoever can best prove himself or herself blue, nekkid, and cool. Alternately, contestants may choose to prove themselves well-armed, violent, and cool.

Quote:
Originally written by Slith Lord:
Quote:
Originally written by Jame2: I vote "no." Unless everyone else votes yes, in which case I'm voting "Urquhart."
What does that mean? confused
I never heard or read this word anywhere!!?
Urquhart is a surname. It's probably Dutch or something.

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
Eh, close enough. They're both smallish nations in the middle of the ocean.
There's a significant difference in their height above sea level.

Also, for the sake of a modship, I would be ready to post pictures of myself covered by blue war paint and to a far lesser extent by clothes if nobody here knew my real name. As it is, I don't feel anonymous enough. So you'll be spared that sight.

Quote:
Originally written by Slith Lord:
Quote:
Originally written by Jame2: I vote "no." Unless everyone else votes yes, in which case I'm voting "Urquhart."
What does that mean? confused
I never heard or read this word anywhere!!?

I vote for Alorael! laughsmile
The Urquhart I'm referring to was some sort of British Intelligence officer during World War 2 (there were two, actually, but the Intell officer is the one I'm referring to). I don't remember what he did.

Keep in mind that I'm voting "Urquhart" instead of "yes" or "no," not "Urquhart" instead of "Alorael."

Urquhart Dutch!? Thuryl, I really expected better from you. The "hart" part could be Dutch, but there are almost no suranmes in Dutch with a "q" in it. And then again, it doesn't even sound Dutch. its like you would say that the surname "McCoy" is actually indian.

Scotland and Holland are totaly different. that they are both small nationms in the middle of the ocean also is not correct. Just take a quik look in the atlas, and you'll see that Scotland lies somewhere at border of the North Sea and the ocean, while Holland lies at the borders of Western Europe (Scotland actually also belongs to Western Europe (I think) but just to tell the difference we'll say Scotland isn't part of the continent "Western Europe").

Okay, i understand it was meant as a joke, but when it comes to this sort of thing, I tend to get a little serieus. my sanity still is in the possesion of the fluffy turtles.

EDIT: I saw just now Aran also said something about a difference between the two countries. One that is true.

Quote:
Originally written by An array cat:
Also, for the sake of a modship, I would be ready to post pictures of myself covered by blue war paint and to a far lesser extent by clothes if nobody here knew my real name. As it is, I don't feel anonymous enough. So you'll be spared that sight.
Do you have pictures like that already prepared? wink