Unni corrupted circle

muffildy

Hello, i am having difficulty with the corrupted circle quest.

It says i need to dare them to challenge me and then drive them out, unni says the presence of the living is enough to dare them.

So stood around in that circle for an hour with nothing happening, is there something im missing? I tried lighting the candles.

• 7 months later...

Hi there,

so I just have to do a little thread necromancy here since I got a problem with this quest. I'm pretty sure I'm at the right circle (north-east, like the second post says) since I got this message saying something about an "icy presence" (third post). At this point I only have one dialogue option which is "OK". So I choose "OK" but afterwards nothing happens ... doesn't matter how long I wait, run around, whatever.

Is it possible that this is due to the fact that I already completed the Shadowbeast quest? Or did I just miss something?

Thanks in advance

As long as you stay within the circle and don't move out, use the space bar or move within the circle, it takes a few rounds for the presence to fully form. If you leave then the icy presence withdraws and you have to start all over again.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It helps you think like Jeff, the game designer. smile

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Well, I already did what you suggested but to make sure I just tried it again. Still, nothing happens. I ran around inside the circle, used the spacebar, activated combat mode and went through a coupleof rounds, let the game just run for 5 minutes or so while standing inside the circle ... Still nothing happening.

Hi I've just being playing a few days and have come across a few of the problems mentioned in the topics but I have been able to overcome them with the help of the forums, so I'm hoping you will be able to help me out. In Jhereth Deeps I came across the scouts I was asked to find and help out, but I asked them to stay where they were until I'd cleared the ogres, now I can't find them again! Can anyone help or have I blown it by not doing it immediately?

If you don't help the scouts before completing the lower level then they leave on their own since the threat is gone. You can clear out other ogres that are in the way before helping them without any problems.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Having lots of different saved games helps you find your sanity.

• 1 year later...

Hi !

(I am new and I love this game !)

I confirm you cannot trigger the corrupted circle once you kill the beast.

I tried it before killing the beast and it worked but I couldn't get rid of the sorceress / ghost. Now I get the message but nothing happens

Hello and welcome to the forums, Pouf!

Your problem is probably not due to the beast, but rather to having triggered the ghost once already. If you fled the area after it spawned, rather than just reloading, the flags might not have reset. This is clearly a bug, but it might be possible to fix it with the cheat/debug console. If all else fails, you can at least set the "quest done" flag so that you can collect your reward and move on.

Could you post exactly what dialog you get when you enter the circle? Do you keep getting the "icy presence grows stronger" messages if you stay there?

Edit —

Actually, before you bother with that, try this. Go to a different zone. Press shift-d to bring up the console, then type in exactly like this:

sdf 11 39 0

Press enter, then go back to the Dhorla Woods and try the circle again. I'd like to know if that works!

• 2 months later...

Thanks Jerakeen,

Yes I still get the "icy presence grows stronger" message but nothing happens.

You are right I must have fled, leaving the ghost in the circle.

I tried the console line and when I went there I had a message box as if it was the first time I came here, but then nothing.

I spend some time in the circle, used combat mode to make things faster, still nothing.

I justed started a new game in Torment, this time she won't stand a chance :D