Avadon Is Out On Steam!

Spidweb

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
The big advantage of Steam is the centralized game repository. You can install Steam on any computer, login with your credentials, and download all the games you have purchased through Steam in the past.

Just installed steam for a new computer and downloaded Avadon. all save games gone. Coool! I was just on my way to the last battle, and I don't really think I'll start the game again, so I guess that's that then.

What's the damn point of Steam if you can't continue where you left off and the save games are after all local, as it seems?

Oh well, maybe I did something wrong. Modern times.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are only a very small number of games that put your saves in the cloud, and I think they're all games by Valve itself. It's not an option available to everyone else. But nothing is stopping you from transferring the saves yourself and finishing up your playthrough!

—Alorael, who thinks you could get exact instructions for doing so with the addition of one little piece of information: are you playing on Mac or Windows?

Originally Posted By: Anterior Motives
There are only a very small number of games that put your saves in the cloud, and I think they're all games by Valve itself. It's not an option available to everyone else.

Nah, there are plenty of games by other companies that use Steam Cloud (Borderlands, Bastion, Trine, etc.). It's listed on the game's store page if it has it. The developer just has to figure out how to make use of it.

I doubt it's as simple as browsing to the directory and saying "If this file exists, copy it to cloud," but the tools are there. May or may not cost the developer/publisher extra to make use of, but who knows?

Luckily, as i have copied my whole Documents folder (using mac), i founded the save files lurking in there.

I'm not so seasoned with these new gaming interfaces (err last game i played before hooking with steam was champions of krynn...), so I guess I kinda expected that since I had to upload a dorky platform, it's of some use (other than offering another platform for chatting).

Getting off-topic here... whistle