A6: "Slowed" Symbol Won't Go Away

madrigan

I am replaying A6, I'm in Nociduas's lair which you reach by chasing the bandit leader on the quest from Fort Dranlon. One of my characters has a "slow" symbol next to his portrait -- the one with the guy sort of falling over with spikes in his back -- and it won't go away. I tried walking out of the lair, back to the surface, walking around, it just stays there. I'm not certain if it's affecting play at all, but it's annoying.

Furthermore, I just re-opened my game to verify the above, and the description text now appears as if I am pressing Tab, except that I'm not. It doesn't appear to be a keyboard issue. Are these two things related?

This is on a Mac with version 1.0.3. Maybe I should download 1.1?

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
Two thoughts.

1) For the slowing, what traits (advantages/disadvantages) does that character have?

2) For the tab issue, try disconnecting and reconnecting your keyboard cord. Don't tell me that's dumb, just try it: this really fixes a lot of mac input issues.

Well, on my next reload, the tab thing went away. And, after I had walked from Nociduas's pad back to Fort Dranlon, I noticed the slow thing had gone away.

To answer your question, he has Natural Mage and Deadeye. I am very curious as to what you had in mind here. I would not have told you that the keyboard cord thing was dumb. I bet that would have worked if the problem hadn't magically healed itself.

Thanks everybody.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Some of those curses can last a lot longer than you expect. I'm guessing the undead slowed you several times.

The undead were brutal. This is probably the 3rd or 4th non-cheat A6 game I've played, and I don't remember ever having this much trouble. I only got through the map because my main melee guy reached the speed burst battle discipline. I was able to have him run right past all the enemies and break the crystals before the whole party was cursed, nearly dead, and running around terrified.