A6 - 1 scribbane

• 5 months later...
Quote:
what if eat 100, would that change anything?

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't affect the ending. After eating a few, you become addicted. When addicted, you will occasionally go into withdrawal during combat (usually when least convenient*), which debuffs your attributes substantially. You also lose the opportunity to sell the skribbane you eat, which means a small loss of cash and experience.

*I suspect this is more than just Murphy at work. Several people on the forums have speculated that withdrawal hits much more often in encounters of your level or higher.

Originally Posted By: Othar Trygvassen: Gentleman
*I suspect this is more than just Murphy at work. Several people on the forums have speculated that withdrawal hits much more often in encounters of your level or higher.

The game definitely checks to see if there are actual enemies around, at least, so you can't just stand around in combat mode in an open field for 100 rounds to wait out the withdrawal. I'm not sure if it checks their level, but it's not impossible that it does.

Also, the more you use skribbane, the shorter its beneficial effects will last. It'll last a few turns the first time you use it, but if you use it regularly throughout the game you'll probably only get one turn out of it by the end.