The Puzzling Puzzle Box

I found a lovely Puzzle Box in one of Reptrakos' treasure boxes, but have no idea what to do with it.

I remember wondering about this during my first time playing through Nethergate. All it ever did was site in my Special Items inventory. I've played as both Celts and Romans, so I know it's not a party-oriented quest/reward thing (such as getting the Dragon Blood, which is a Roman quest).

Pearlblossom gives you a sneak peak at life in Castle Aethdoc. She also acts as a warning that all is not roses and giggles in sidhe land just in case the contract didn't make that abundantly clear.

—Alorael, who doesn't see anything wrong with dialogue that serves only as a reminder of a number of legends regarding faeries. It beats the wishes fish.

Quote:
Originally written by The Jiroveci Connection:
It beats the wishes fish.
I'd have to speculate that that fish at one point had Sylak's Talking Skull because at one point the skull says "I'll give you three wishes if you let me go!" and then hastily adds "Just kidding!" The fish expresses how foolish it felt by saying "Three wishes! What was I thinking!" making it sound like it took the skull up on its offer. Just an idea.

no, the fish is from a fairy tale in which and old man is granted 3 wishes by a fish who he catches and then lets go. his wife makes him wish that she was teh righest pwerson in the world, was queen of the world, and something else. eventually the fish basicly says "wtf?^^ why are you wishing your wife gets that?"

*idea*

mabey jeff interprets that story as how Queen Buddica came to power. just a thought...