Deep Fried Kool Aid

Randomizer

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gauntlet and Gauntlet 2 arcade video games allowed you to fight deaths which sucked health from your characters. One time the guy emptying the change from the machine left in 40 free game lifes for us and we went after the deaths on one level to be rewarded with the line,

"I've never seen such valor." smile

According to the first edition Dungeon Master's Guide, a Deck of Many Things contains a magical card that may summon a hostile "minor death".

The rules up to that point had never mentioned "deaths" of any kind as monsters, but I felt that this detail went beyond mere editorial oversight, and partook of failure to grasp a basic concept.

``PEOPLE ARE CHEAP and their memories are full of holes they can never mend. How many things must be done that we forget forever, to sustain the little we remember forever. We all forget our everyday lives. In my case it was all the furniture I've dusted, day in day out, all the dishes that had to be washed. Like everyone else I sat down to eat every day, and like everyone else I know all this without really remembering it, as if it had happened in a space without weather, either good or bad. Even the pleasure I've had became a space without weather, and though my gratitude for what was alive is still with me, the names and features that once meant pleasure and even love to me have faded more and more, vanished into a glass gratitude that has lost its content. Empty glasses, empty glasses. And yet, if not for the emptiness and all that I've forgotten, the unforgettable could not have come into being... With the forgotten we feed time, we feed death, but the unforgettable is death's gift to us. In the moment of receiving it we are still here where we happen to be, but at the same time we are there, where the world falls headlong into darkness. For the unforgettable is a piece of the future, a piece of timelessness given to us in advance...''

-- Hermann Broch

Originally Posted By: Trenton
--Jumps out the top of 70 storie building...and lives?

You'll want to make sure you're immune to injury before you do that, otherwise ouch.

Dikiyoba would rather Death take out Injury and Pain so that insane stunts ensue. But only for a few days, and then Resurrection or Rebirth should bring them back. We wouldn't want to get too used to living without them, since they probably serve some vital purpose.

Originally Posted By: Trenton Uchiha, rebel servile.
Deaths for deaths sake. Wait a minute...If some one kills death, does that mean since hes not here to take us away, we cant die?!?

--Jumps out the top of 70 storie building...and lives?

You should read Pratchett's Reaper man, that should answer that question smile

Originally Posted By: Trenton Uchiha, rebel servile.
Wait a minute...If some one kills death, does that mean since hes not here to take us away, we cant die?!?

You can't kill death. Something like this would happen. Not pretty when death is on the line. Never mess with a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Sure, another person trying to claim spam leads to topic locking. You know what? I ain't buying it. Sure, it's what the mods want you to think, but they've got they're own reasons for locking. I've figured it out. I can't say it here, man, but don't fall for it. Don't eat the Kool-Aid!

—Alorael, who does not trust that the setup was worth the payoff.