Geneforge 2-Series of questions

Gazers are legitimately hard. I found it was kind of hit of miss with them...if they do their super attack and hit me, it was trouble. It often came down to saving and reload unload until I could find a way to sneak up on them (hasted, in combat mode, blessed, etc), and get a quick-action assisted first strike on them. Then they might hit me, but I could have enough of a lead inflicting damage that I could finish them off before it could kill me. And, as always, if something is too hard, leave it alone and come back when you're more powerful. If you're still around level 26 like you were earlier, I'd definitely consider exploring more of the world.

Wow, either im really good or these creatures have no confidence, im going to go with the latter. I just got confronted by a drakon boss (cant remember name), the tool was so lame that after i was about to kill him, he ran away. Talk about a cowardly creature. He's like 15 feet tall, and hes running away from a 6 foot tall guy with a sword/shield. Its kinda funny really.

I don't seem to be getting "the ending." I'm Unaligned and I've have killed Barzahl plus the three Taker leaders. I've destroyed the Geneforge. I've pretty much cleared out Inner Ghazak-Uss. Do I have to take out Syros too?

Can't figure out that there is anything left to do, but I would like to get some sort of end scene. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted By: Triumph
I would aim for 18 or 20. Really truly. You will find some items that can help, though.

Any point in parry beyond 18 is a waste. Actually, 14 levels of parry is the maximum for parrying ranged attacks,
parry works this way:
PL means parry level
5% multiplies PL of parry(ignore damage), at the maximum of 50% at level 10
5% multiplies (PL-4) of deflect(ignore most of damage), at the maximum of 50% at level 14,
5% multiplies (PL-8) of riposte (ignore melee damage and damage the attacker), at the maximum of 50% at level 18

The 3 work independently. Reposte does what the other two do, and parry does better than deflect does, so if more than one skill is triggered, only the stronger works.

Parry is actually a combination of 3 skills which work independently.

When your parry level is 10, you get 50% parry, 30% deflect and 10% reposte.

When parry level is 14, it is 50% parry, 50% deflect and 30% reposte.

Reposte works only for melee attacks, while the other two works both for melee and ranged.

Reposte overrides parry and parry overrides deflect.

So when you parry level is 18, you reposte half melee attacks, parry half of the remaining half, deflect half of the remaining quarter, with 1/8 to take full damage.

Reposte does not work for ranged, so at parry level 14, you take full damage everyone out of four of ranged attacks.

We will see how it works out but I've been boosting my Guardian's intelligence so he can do Fire shaping and get Speed and War Blessing. That's how I played G4 with a Warrior so it should work. Having a Dryak and Speed should work as well as Quick Action. I never like soloing anyway. I played the pure Shaper in GF1 and loved the creations but really missed getting on the frontlines with a solid blade.