Avadon: Appstore modding?

Thirsting Gemstone

Code:
What is the Mac App Store refund policy?If you experience a technical issue with an app, first contact the developer of the app for assistance. Their support contact information can be found on the app's page in the Mac App Store. If that does not resolve the issue, contact Mac App Store Customer Support.

Could Apple be any more ambiguous? Honestly...

I have played several of the Avernum games over the past few years, purchased from the Spiderweb website. I purchased Avadon this spring in the same way. I would like to purchase the iPad version but I hesitate. I absolutely HATE the business of searching for hidden switches (or even worse, bumping into walls in the early Avernum games). In Avadon, I modified the script as suggested in these forums to make the switches way more visible. I guess I can't do this on the iPad version which will make playing the game very frustrating for me. Since some people like the mystery and others hate switch searching, why can't this be an option built into the game. Or maybe in the character editor. PLEASE...........

Also, what about some method of moving the game saves between iPad and Mac or PC so I can play on my iMac for a while and then move to the iPad at other times?

Originally Posted By: PhysWiz
I absolutely HATE the business of searching for hidden switches (or even worse, bumping into walls in the early Avernum games).

Heh, I remember playing games on Atari ST that had one pixel difference on a black/white screen to mark secret doors. ;-)

They seem to be easier to see on the iPad for me, but I hold the iPad closer to my eyes than a computer monitor would be. Still, they're hard to see in some cases, even when the game is very obvious about the fact that there has to be a secret switch somewhere nearby. Maybe an opportunity for a future cheat code?

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Danny the Fool

They seem to be easier to see on the iPad for me, but I hold the iPad closer to my eyes than a computer monitor would be. Still, they're hard to see in some cases, even when the game is very obvious about the fact that there has to be a secret switch somewhere nearby. Maybe an opportunity for a future cheat code?

Yes, an app update with a "showmeswitch" cheat would be very helpful.