Incarnus - why so impossible?

lokiju

Incarnus is kicking my level 7-8 party's ass. If there's one thing I detest, it's having to come back to a random spot 5 levels later to kill 1 mob. When should I take him on? He's actually able to 1-shot the sorc and shaman on occasion...that's just insane. I'm throwing everything at him, wands, pots, etc...

Am I not supposed to be at the dragon's area or something? Was I not supposed to find the underground area? Even the other mobs down there are extremely tough compared to the rest of the easy trash I've been sweeping up thus far.

First of all this area is meant for players on the second mission to the Kva when they are 5 levels higher. It really is that hard at your current level. Even just fighting the salamanders to reach the far side and exit is a challenge.

Incarnus is easiest when you have a higher level sorceress that is relatively immune to the damage. Also charm works well to convert his summoned monsters to your side to attack him.

Thanks. It certainly was quite the effort just to clear out everything to Incarnus...but I was surprised that after all my efforts he's all but impossible to beat at this time for me. It was like the game went from a 3 (out of 10) for difficulty, to a 6 in the secret area, then to a 9.5 with the demon.

I just think the area shouldn't even be accessible to players until a certain level, or until the 2nd Kva mission. I've played enough RPGs over the years to figure out that I didn't follow a pre-determined order, but others may not understand and just give up out of frustration.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
Originally Posted By: Randomizer
If only the reward for retrieving Ahmed's Libram was equal to its difficulty.

I think the idea is you're supposed to avoid most of the salamanders the first time through. This is easier said than done, though.

The worst part is if you're trying to play a solo-sorceress for replay value, and that is your first time attempting the quest.