Finding Carsta'Al.

Xander77

I killed his wife and smith, descended into the undeground, turned the one winch behind the archer ambush... and I can't seem to find the next area to proceed to. No gates into the central area of the castle (the garden into which the Lord fled) have opened. I can explore Wizard's area, the barracks and the grove, but seem to be stuck for a way to proceed.

2 more things.

How many rune-covered doors are there? There's the one in Morty's tower (which you're specifically directed to when you get a way to open rune doors), the one below Spiridon's cell in the Avadon dungeons... what else?

Dealing with Zephyrine. I can damage the dragon just fine but her sentinels appear to be immune to most of my magical attacks, and keep healing themselves and the dragon. In the end, they just wear me out with knocbacks, stunlocks and brutal meelee attacks, while I can't really damage them.

Originally Posted By: Xander77
Dealing with Zephyrine. I can damage the dragon just fine but her sentinels appear to be immune to most of my magical attacks, and keep healing themselves and the dragon. In the end, they just wear me out with knocbacks, stunlocks and brutal meelee attacks, while I can't really damage them.

Concentrate damage on one sentinel at a time until they are all gone and there won't be anymore healing for them. Physical and fire damages them.

As far as optional super-combat goes, it's pretty much just Beloch, Zephyrine, and Redbeard. Incarnus is a bit of a pushover compared to those three, even at substantially lower level. To be fair, a lot of the aforementioned optional fights are noticeably harder than the others of their level. Helma especially I find harder than Moritz'Kri, though the latter isn't that hard compared to some of the other boss enemies.

@Superba: it's not like Charon was any better, really. They're both kind of jerks.

Originally Posted By: meAzuma
Oooh! Oooh! We'll be able to carry over our saves to the next game?

just because Jeff liked Mass Effect doesn't mean he's going to steal every idea from it

(i know there were games before Mass Effect that let you import saved games from previous instalments. please nobody ruin my joke by pointing that out. thanks in advance.)

Originally Posted By: Lilith
Originally Posted By: meAzuma
Oooh! Oooh! We'll be able to carry over our saves to the next game?

just because Jeff liked Mass Effect doesn't mean he's going to steal every idea from it

Yeah, but he's still opening Avadon II with Redbeard being resurrected by an anti-Pact separatist faction as a cyborg to destroy a mysterious threat coming from over the oceans, so I wouldn't go that far.