Help! Trapped in Goagh-Nar

I killed the queen and after going back down to the lower levels to report the deed decided I would finish my exploring on the top level. Trouble is, now every time I get near the stairs it gives me a message about hearing the sounds of conflict and staying away - in other words I can't get down either set of stairs. The only other way out I can think of is the front door, but it is locked locked locked and I can't find a wheel to turn to let me out.

I'm playing a party of celts. Any ideas how to get out?

You can't use the route you took up to the upper level. You need to go down the stairs that are first west and then south of the queen's chamber. This leads to the middle level where you fight some fomorians and lizards to head first east and then north to a hidden passage that goes northwest to a route down to the lowest level, From the storeroom there is a hidden door back to the area you visited.

There should be some messages to keep you from going back.

those stairs are also not working for me.

Perhaps I wasn't clear about what I have/haven't done...

Here's the chronology of what happened:

First I came up the east stairs into the deserted storeroom

Killed the Queen

Escaped down the west stairs (the ones you're talking about)

Messed around on the intermediate level some

Found my way back to the lowest level

Talked to the King and the Sprite

Decided I needed to explore the top a bit more

Went up the western stairs (the eastern ones were blocked going up), the same way I just came down

Now I'm on the top level, but can't go down either set of stairs (because of in-game message telling me there's sounds of fighting), and can't go out the front door b/c the portcullis is down.

Any ideas? Or am I permanently locked in Goagh-Nar? frown

Help! I'm stuck too. smile

Playing as Romans, I was nice to the Fomorians's on the first level, including the Queen. I've killed and found everything I can on L2 (picture below) but it looks like a gate is keeping me on L2. I've killed and found what I can on L3 while staying to the north side (tried to attack the Fomorian's to the south in L3 but they are too much for a noob like me).

I haven't found the skull, and the L2 map sure looks like there is a bunch of rooms to the east that I have not reached, but I don't know how to reach them.

Any tips?

This is me, stuck at the gate, trying to get back to L1:

http://picasaweb.google.com/gmatta/Misc/photo#5075069234616249186

No way...someone else from Kirkland? How very cool.

Have you tried going back up to L1 and down to L3/L2 by the stairway in the NE corner of L1? I may be forgetting how the Romans get around the levels, and the Celts do it differently, but on L2 you do each half from separate access areas, as I recall. I think you have more to do on L3 in order to finish up and get out of Goagh-Nar. You were sent down to L3 to get the skull, right? Some of L2 is on your way out, not on your way in.

If I am murking this up, someone will further clarify. It's been a while since I was there as Romans.

-S-

Quote:
I think you have more to do on L3 in order to finish up and get out of Goagh-Nar. You were sent down to L3 to get the skull, right?
Yep, thanks, I hadn't gotten the skull yet. There was a nice piece of paper with instructions from the Queen on the wall in the first few rooms of L2 (or L3, I forget). Somehow I missed it the first 3-4 times I walked by, but once read it encouraged me to poke around L3 a little more and I found it.