Medals Help

Mod.

Firstly, I completed the game remaining loyal to Redbeard and did not receive the employee of the month award. I remained loyal throughout the entire game, and told Redbeard everything being honest the whole time.

Second, where are medals stored? I copied the AvScenData file but the medals on this PC are still the same.

Difficulty may be it, I had started on casual as I usually start games off on easy, without realizing actually how easy it would really be.

"Medals are stored in preference file as far as I can tell for determining if you have been award them."

By preference file I think you mean the AvScenData file? I already tried that.

Originally Posted By: Mod.
"Medals are stored in preference file as far as I can tell for determining if you have been award them."
By preference file I think you mean the AvScenData file? I already tried that.

On my (Windows Vista) computer, medals appear to be stored in AvadonSettings.dat, which is located in the {USERNAME}/Documents/Spiderweb Software/Avadon Saved Games folder.

Annoyingly, the location of Avadon Saved Games probably varies from OS to OS.

Originally Posted By: Jedi Nescioquis

On my (Windows Vista) computer, medals appear to be stored in AvadonSettings.dat, which is located in the {USERNAME}/Documents/Spiderweb Software/Avadon Saved Games folder.

Thank you. I was wondering if that file might be it, even though it is so small and I was wanting to try it when I got the time, because it was the only other file that the medals might be contained in. It works.

Medals are supposed to be unobtainable after using cheat codes, are they not?

Usage of the experience giving code will still allow you to get the level awards, and I was able to get the award for killing Zephyrine after using cheats to do so. Not sure what else works. Is it only the story-based awards that are affected or what?

Edit: Apologies for the double post if it isn't allowed; I didn't remember I had the last post before clicking the new reply button at the top of the page. It isn't in violation of the code of conduct, but is generally frowned though I don't think this one was harmful in any way.

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
No.

Using a cheat code will stop you from getting a medal until you leave the zone you are currently in. If the medal is triggered while you're there, you miss it forever. If it's triggered later, you'll still get it.

The medals were acquired in the zone, without leaving after using the cheats.