Key 6 and other stuff

I haven't been able to get the Gryphon feather. The two strategy guides I've looked at suggests that perhaps I forgot to help the injured bird or that my dexterity isn't high enough. Which one is it? I'm kind of confused cause I thought I helped the bird, but I found it practically towards the beginning of the game. Is there a time limit on having the griphons like me for helping their young?

Also, along the right hand edge of the world map there's a place where there's a ledge that my character can't crawl up and wishes he had a flying companion to look at. Is that just a teaser or am I supposed to be able to get up there?

Also, just about finished the celt side of the game and I've noticed I haven't been able to level up my druid characters high enough up to cast all the spells that I've learned. I did make a few mistakes (what was I thinking playing with berserker or armour use on a spell caster?) but I've practically cleared the whole game and don't have any more useful ways to level up unless I want to slaughter peaceful goblin towns etc. Have I just missed a lot of special areas or did I budget skill points wrong?

QUEST ITEM: Gryphon Feather (catch Gryphon Feather: Need 6 Dexterity with one PC). What is the highest Dexterity one of your PCs has? Have you actually met the gryphon who drops the feather? You didn't describe what you are trying or what is or is not happening. Hard to help you more specifically.

Regarding the cliff in the east...have you been to the Vale of the Sould yet?

-S-

For the gryphon I was in the secret passage in the far upper part of the map, middle to the left. There was a stone in the way of walking forwards and none of my mages found alternate routes using the spell for showing the area around me on the map. There was a gryphon right behind the stone, that might be the guardian gryphon you were talking about, I don't think I tried talking to it. I have been to the vale of sould but I didn't actually try purchasing a soul from him, just smashed through the level and told him to be a good boy from now on, got the nether gate spell. Did I need to purchase a soul?

There are two places where a soul will help you get items. The ledge is one and the other is under Hagfen.

The rock wall in the Jagged Aerie should go away if you solved the block puzzle and placed one on the rug at the north end. I don't remember any trouble once you find the secret passages.