Geneforge Writing

• 2 weeks later...

I took the time to read it and I have to admit: I like the story. I think it's interesting and exciting! Please don't stop writing I think your skills are very good. Sometimes I wonder if a flower delivers to sheffield is a good idea, but now I think: yes it is wink It is a good idea indeed. Do you have your texts also in a download available somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Trenton
I am jealous. This is getting you so many posts. I mean, your actually posting after yourself everytime, and no one tells you off xD If I could do this, that would be gold.

You have MMXPERT's game to make your post count go up faster than entirely reasonable. Don't complain.

Upon Mars, when you are making multiple updates/releases close together (as in, less than several hours apart), please put them all in one post instead of making multiple posts in a row. That's standard netiquette for these forums. Thanks.

Dikiyoba is so not complaining about post counts, mind you.

Well yeah, of course, stories are seriously hard to make. Like thinking everytime what to add and predict the next part with the relation to the current part. But still, Dikiyoba is correct about turning them into just one post instead of multiple.

---------

Oh and about MMXPERT's forum game, I didn't notice that you could get faster post counts. I will visit that game after doing the tedious tasks...

---------

Posts..., Nightwatcher

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba

Upon Mars, when you are making multiple updates/releases close together (as in, less than several hours apart), please put them all in one post instead of making multiple posts in a row. That's standard netiquette for these forums. Thanks.

I shall. Posts will be added a week apart or after a comment. Thank you for the information Dikiyoba. Was it indicated in the general forum rules?

Originally Posted By: !TrEnToN ThE StAlLiOn
*snorts*

I am jealous. This is getting you so many posts. I mean, your actually posting after yourself everytime, and no one tells you off xD If I could do this, that would be gold.

Well you can always read the story and make constructive comments and suggest this or that modification or submit a basic idea for an other fragment.

It would make me very happy if someone gave some advice, and at least I'd get some feedback... and it would prevent me from double posting as often as I do. Also I don't consider posting as a way to establish competition despite the forum having a top Poster section.

Originally Posted By: Rehctawthgin
Well yeah, of course, stories are seriously hard to make. Like thinking everytime what to add and predict the next part with the relation to the current part.

Well that's the main difficulty with these fragments; they are linked by an overall coherence (chapters) but they are quite "quantic" in my approach to this fanfiction:

We've got a fragmentary chronology going towards the inevitable (yes quantic fields also have a sense of non permanence), with events and characters set a field of possibilities (Andras having used or not the Geneforge, Heustess may have left for the mainland or may have been killed by Andras.), an outline that is tragic, with the return and restitution to the same order which allowed the horrors of the Geneforge to happen "tel quel" hence why the narrator sounds so pessimistic and absolutely no values above absolute certainties (which is a dangerous logic).

Originally Posted By: Upon Mars
Thank you for the information Dikiyoba. Was it indicated in the general forum rules?

In the Code of Conduct, you mean? Not specifically. But avoiding needless double posting helps keep the boards clean and easy to read. It's mostly a politeness thing. No one wants to read two posts (with the attached profile information and signature) when they could read one.

Dikiyoba.

Thanks!

By the way the Road has been again modified and has been completed:

http://geneforgeremaker.webs.com/apps/blog/show/15563630-the-road

A new fragment is being created; The sealed labs can be found here:

http://geneforgeremaker.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/15743061-the-sealed-lab

And this chapter starts with a reference to one of the songs of the band known as Korn .

Originally Posted By: Death Knight
Hey upon mars, you definitely spent a lot of time writing that story. You should post it here Fanfiction G Forge where a lot of other people post fanfiction for Geneforge series.

The stone and the Hammer can be found here at:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8221284/1/The_stone_and_the_hammer

The Sentinels has been updated. Look out for a new image:

http://www.freewebs.com/geneforgeremaker/apps/blog/show/13105071-the-sentinels

The journey, Masha and a another slip to the quiet marshes has been updated

http://www.freewebs.com/geneforgeremaker...he-drayk-s-vale

http://www.freewebs.com/geneforgeremaker/apps/blog/show/12891748-masha

http://www.freewebs.com/geneforgeremaker/apps/blog/show/12872271-an-other-trip-to-the-quiet-marshes

The Mixing Halls are complete (although they might get an update from time to time):

http://www.freewebs.com/geneforgeremaker/apps/blog/show/13105131-the-mixing-halls

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think so, but not before a good solid rewriting, spell check and authorisation from spiderweb software itself, after all it's based on their material.

Also the fragments format makes me able to withhold from publishing all chapters on the net, and get a solid review before publishing (It's going to be a lot of work before I can get to what I really want), which permits me certain liberties, and a way to surprise readers...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don´t mind it at all really, I´ll be more than willing. Also if you're looking for "personnal dialogue" look up kazg part I and II, the mixing halls and Masha; they all follow one an other, and most of the dialogue is mine; you can find them by browsing the category page.

Also the overal foundations of the beginning of the book have been placed so watch out for some really though and extensive re-writing: Sucia isle being more of a mystery place, new dialogue etc...

Yes both of them, I will try mixing halls and Masha a little later when I have time, I think there are still a few small grammatical errors so you might need to go through it once more, I like that you have added those poems , it's a sort of different Idea that i never thought of for a shaper but it works pretty well, one thing that might need a change is that cobra reference, because you are seeing the world from the eyes of a shaper and there has never been a mention of "our world animals" in Geneforge ,ditto for the rhino one, but then again it's your story so it's probably your choice.

Also why is Kazg ll on top of Kazg l ?, that sort of left me confused.

Edit:-whoops, I just found that the account is from a learned magician, the comment still stands though.

Did you draw that servile in Thorny Woods?

. Yes I did. Would you like some more? A new one can be found here: http://www.freewebs....e-spirited-city

Yes both of them, I will try mixing halls and Masha a little later when I have time, I think there are still a few small grammatical errors so you might need to go through it once more, I like that you have added those poems , it's a sort of different Idea that i never thought of for a shaper but it works pretty well, one thing that might need a change is that cobra reference, because you are seeing the world from the eyes of a shaper and there has never been a mention of "our world animals" in Geneforge ,ditto for the rhino one, but then again it's your story so it's probably your choice.

Also why is Kazg ll on top of Kazg l ?, that sort of left me confused.

Edit:-whoops, I just found that the account is from a learned magician, the comment still stands though.

Please correct me or point out my grammatical errors, It helps really.

As for the poems; I felt that although Geneforge 1 and at the beginning of G2 was hinting at a brave new world, like the Gilgamesh epic or the odyssey, it succeded to deliver us just that, whereas here I intend to go much deeper, explain the rascit attitude the Shapers have against outsiders (the shaper In g1 is disgusted by Masha's and the two Sholai scouts' physical appearance.) or show how the promise of a society based on equality, merit and democracy stays in fact very much racist, sexist and unequal.

Also, concerning the rhino, there are refrences in GI to real world animals: save for humans, sheep in the greater Temple, dogs in spiral borrows and "natural forms" such as birds in Ellrah´s keep are examples of real life animals in the Geneforge universe. I only choose not to mention some of them, like dogs for example because creations are a flexible metaphor, for slaves in general, like let's say domesticated animals.

.Also, concerning the rhino, there are refrences in GI to real world animals: save for humans, sheep in the greater Temple, dogs in spiral borrows and "natural forms" such as birds in Ellrah´s keep are examples of real life animals in the Geneforge universe. I only choose not to mention some of them, like dogs for example because creations in part in this story, are a metaphor for domesticated animals.

Yep, now I remember, i guess i was a bit mistaken with that one, the cause of confusion being you using names of dangerous animals, so I got a bit mistaken.