(bug) Follow Orian out-of-order (spoilers)

InsaneShadow

So, when I first got to Castle Vebeuax, I got the "Follow Orian" quest.

However, I couldn't for the life of me actually find the sucker. I ran through all the regions in the zone a couple times, trying. Never noticed him. Finally gave up and continued on the storyline.

Coming back in the second time, I ran into him in some newly opened up area, where I got dialog about him having retreated here after our first encounter, and then had to kill him and his two wolves. I never saw him the first time!

Now, I can't turn in Follow Orion and I'm pretty sure I missed out on some nice lewt/XP :-/

Well, the door doesn't open, since when I talk to her I can neither turn in Follow Orian nor get/turn in the next one (hunt?).

Basically that questline stopped for me. I've "completed" it, but the Eye is not smart enough to understand that.

(Well, that and the questline made some assumptions in it's dialog when I finally encountered Mr. Spy. Actually made some assumptions in placing him there. No reason for him to flee there since I'd never seen the guy before smile

It's right that the quest line should have failed, since you did not complete the first part of it when you had the chance. The bug is the later encounter with Orian. Either you should not have met him at all, or you should not have been able to initiate combat with him, not knowing him to be a spy.