Exile 3: Windows taskbar won't go away

MrBackAlleySka

Hello all, I seem to have a slight problem, that may, or may not, have a fix. I used to own Exile 3, and I remember when I ran it maximised, I remember it covered the taskbar, except when I pressed the Windows Icon key to bring up the start menu, then the taskbar would show. However it'd cover the taskbar again when I clicked back to the game.

Recentely I reinstalled Exile 3 (It was still registered o.o. Guess cause I registered it on the same computer, and it saved that fact in the registry or something heh) and now, even maximised fullscreen, Exile 3 dosen't cover the taskbar! Any way to fix this other than pulling down the taskbar manually? (Which I never had to do before, same computer too.)

Thanks in advance ^^

Do you have Windows 2000 or XP? The Exile games (and Nethergate too for some inexplicable reason) do not cover the taskbar in 2000 or XP like they did in 95, 98, and ME. In order to play with the taskbar covered up, you will have to manually change it each time you play the game. Right-click on your taskbar and select Properties. Then, deslect the check box that says "Keep taskbar on top of other Windows". After you're done playing, you will probably want to go back in and check the box again.

Quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:
Do you have Windows 2000 or XP? The Exile games (and Nethergate too for some inexplicable reason) do not cover the taskbar in 2000 or XP like they did in 95, 98, and ME. In order to play with the taskbar covered up, you will have to manually change it each time you play the game. Right-click on your taskbar and select Properties. Then, deslect the check box that says "Keep taskbar on top of other Windows". After you're done playing, you will probably want to go back in and check the box again.
It won't be if it's the same computer (game still registered) and it covered it up before. An update in OS would unregister the game (normally).

What Dikiyoba said's more likely, but that's just my advice.

- Archmagus Micael

Quote:
Originally written by Archmagus Micael:
[QB]It won't be if it's the same computer (game still registered) and it covered it up before. An update in OS would unregister the game (normally).
Not true. Unless The registration data is in a file in the Exile folder. Updating the OS woul change nothing.