Avernum 1-3 won't work on Win 7 Home Premium

Chena

I tried installing them twice regularly and twice in compatibility mode.

The auto-installer from the CD also won't work; I had to go in and install manually, and I also copied the files from the CD to the computer itself to try it that way.

When I start it normally, it will lag a little but be okay - when I get to the end of the first or second screen of information just after finishing character customisation, no matter how long I wait, it won't start.

When running it as any compatibility mode - I've tried XP service pack 2 and Millennium - it says it can't load graphic 3001, possibly because of a lack of memory, and recommends I reinstall it or restart my computer. I've done both.

If, while it fails to load graphic 3001, I blindly click around, I can find the start button and create it, but nothing will happen; it'll terminate after finishing the intro. It also tells me it's not registered and my registration code is -1.

The computer is Win 7 Home Premium, 64 bit, and has 5.83 GB of RAM available, so it's not that memory.

What now? Can someone help me, I really love these games and I miss playing them! Thank you in advance. c:

edit; 3 works fine. It's just 1 and 2 that won't work. ):

The versions you have on CD are out of date - Jeff released an update compatible with vista/win7. Download the new versions from the spiderweb website.

Once installed contact spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com in order to register your games (give them the name & address from which you originally registered).