Rawal's influence on the endings[G5]

So far, I've seen Rawal's and Litalia's endings.

For Litalia's ending, I intended to check myself if doing any of Rawal's quests after the required one has any effect on the ending, but I saved over the most suitable savegame, and it would have taken much time anyway. My guess is that it doesn't matter (Rawal got to lead the Shaper Council...yuck).

So, my questions:

Does it matter if you do his quests when siding with another faction (Litalia or other)? Does it even matter if you remove the control tool if you don't side with Ghaldring?

Doing Rawal's quests doesn't affect the ending, unless you complete all of them and agree to be his bodyguard. I know failing to remove the control tool gives you an additional message in the Shaper council meeting, and I think it affects your status in the ending as well, but I wouldn't swear to the latter.

If memory serves, who ends up leading the council is based on a seemingly unrelated point: whether you kill Greta in Inner Gazaki-Uss, or let her escape. If Greta lives, she leads the new nation of Sucia/what remains of the rebels, and Rawal ends up leading the council. If you kill her, Akhari Blaze leads the rebels, and Astoria leads the council.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It seems that killing Greta is indeed the key to preventing Rawal from heading the council, at least if you side with Astoria.

Doing none of his quests - except the mandatory first quest - did not prevent him from heading the council when I let Greta get away.

Doing all of his quests except the "lapdog poor ending" one did not help him when I killed poor old Greta. However, Astoria did not head the council either. After a peek at Dahak's GF5 endings page, I don't think it's possible for her to do that.

The control tool was removed in both cases.