Review Keep been rejected in France Mac App Store

Vent

I tried put my own review in Mac App Store but it keep been rejected. I hate being censored by some pitiful person at Apple France so I come whining here. grin

Here the review rejected, in French, sorry, but it's too much work to translate it. To summarize it, great game. laugh

Quote:
Je ne l'ai pas fini, pour le moment j'y ai joué environ 60h. Il commence doucement mais devient de plus en plus intéressant. Au point où j'en suit c'est une grosse claque et point à noter, je le conseille vivement aux fans de Baldur's Gate 1, car certaines régions ou zones y dont fortement penser (une région ayant plusieurs zones et le jeu contient plusieurs régions). C'est un indie et il n'a pas la même régularité de qualité que les meilleurs gros budgets, cependant la qualité est souvent élevée et sur de nombreux points, combats, exploration, secrets, quêtes, histoires et dialogues, etc. Et à noter des compagnons qui sont bien développés. Attention c'est uniquement en anglais, uniquement du texte.

Concernant la difficulté c'est loin d'être aussi basique que tous les RPG blockbuster et pour les combats je vous conseille vivement d'utiliser le niveau de difficulté Hard.

Concernant les graphiques, ils sont très nettement améliorés par rapport aux précédents jeux du même développeur, et je conseille de les essayer avec une définition pas trop élevée pour mieux les apprécier en plus gros plan. Ca aide bien pour l'ambiance au début et on apprécie mieux l'amélioration et la qualité générale des graphiques qui est bien meilleure que dans les précédents jeux du même développeur.

Au total, au vu de ce que j'ai joué, énorme, à ne pas passer à côté.

For the ones too lazy to use Babelfish laugh

Quote:
I l' did not finish, for the moment j' there played approximately 60h. It starts gently but becomes increasingly interesting. At the point where j' in c' follows; is a large snap and not to note, I highly advise it with the fans of Baldur' S Spoil 1, because certain areas or zones there of which to strongly think (an area having several zones and the play contains several areas). C' is a indie and it n' the same regularity of quality does not have as the best large budgets, however quality is often high and on many points, combat, exploration, secrecies, searches, stories and dialogues, etc And to note companions who are well developed. C' attention; is only in English, only text. Concerning the c' difficulty; is far d' to be as basic as all RPG blockbuster and for the engagements I highly advise you d' to use the level of Hardware difficulty. Concerning the graphs, they are very clearly improved compared to the preceding plays of the same developer, and I advise to test them with a definition not too high for better appreciating them in more close-up. Ca helps well for l' environment at the beginning and one appreciates l' better; improvement and the general quality of the graphs which is much better than in the preceding plays of the same developer. On the whole, within sight of what j' played, enormous, not to pass to side.

Thanks for sharing your review, can't wait to finally play (Windows user here)!

Apparently Babelfish can't even deal with common structures like an elided je -- that's really bizarre -- so here's a much more readable Google Translate version:

Quote:
I have not finished yet I've played about 60 hours. It starts slowly but becomes more and more interesting. At the point where I read it and slap a big point to note, I strongly recommend it to fans of Baldur's Gate 1 because certain regions or areas which are strongly suggests (a region with multiple zones and the game contains several regions ). It's an indie and did not have the same consistent quality as the best big budget, but the quality is often high in many areas, fighting, exploration, secrets, quests, stories, dialogues, etc.. And note that the companions are well developed. Caution is in English only, text only.

Concerning the difficulty is not nearly as basic as all RPG blockbuster and the battles I urge you to use the Hard difficulty level.

Concerning the graphics, they are very much improved compared to previous games in the same developer, and I advise trying them with a definition not too high to appreciate it better and bigger plan. It helps much for the atmosphere at the beginning and we appreciate the improvement and better overall quality of graphics is much better than in previous games from the same developer.

In total, given that I played great, do not miss out.

I had tried the Google translation but I felt the result was very bad.

I can't believed I got censored on this review. I have many review in App Store and Mac App Store and nope for Avedon there's a mad abusing of his power of decision and reject this review most probably because he has some hate against Spiderweb. I wish know who is this pitiful person at Apple France to tell him his truth.

EDIT: And I think a better translation, using the Google one for the base:

Quote:
I have not finished it yet but I've played about 60 hours. It starts slowly but becomes more and more interesting. For now, it's a great gaming experience. I strongly recommend it to fans of Baldur's Gate 1 because certain regions or areas remind it a lot (a region has multiple zones, and the game contains several regions). It's an indie game and it doesn't have the same consistent quality as the best A games, but the quality is often high in many aspects, fighting, exploration, secrets, quests, stories, dialogues, etc.. And quote that the companions are well developed. Caution it is in English only, it's English text only, no voices.

Concerning the difficulty, it is not nearly as basic as all RPG blockbuster and for the fights I urge you to use the Hard difficulty level.

Concerning the graphics, they are very much improved compared to previous games of the same developer, and I advise trying the game with a definition not too high to appreciate it better, a lower resolution is giving a closer view showing better the details. It helps much for the atmosphere at the beginning of the game, and this will allow you to appreciate the better overall quality of graphics which is much better than in previous games from the same developer.

To conclude, given that I played, it's a great RPG, do not miss out.

I don't see why that review would be rejected either, but that's an awfully violent reaction to have considering you don't know why it happened. (These boards, BTW, are not the right place to make threats and call people bastards -- check out the Code of Conduct. Thanks!)

Did you actually get a rejection notice, or has it just not shown up?

My aggression is on purpose but targeted to nobody in particular, not even against Apple.

A system is anonymously violent with me, I like the idea to have some reactivity at my disposal, somewhere.

Inglorious Bastards, movie public title, please don't explain me this is an inadmissible swearing.

EDIT: There's never an explanation for a rejected review, I don't expect any, that's how it works. I only expect my review is accepted for the obvious reason it fits the Store rules and it is perfectly correct.

Vent, your aggression IS targeted at somebody in particular. You don't know who that person is, but they are still a person.

Talking about _Inglorious Bastards_ is, of course, acceptable here. Calling someone a bastard is not. I think this is pretty straightforward in the part of the Code of Conduct that says "Be family friendly, and just plain friendly."

(I'm a board moderator, by the way. This really is how things work here.)

Back to the topic -- is it at all possible that there's a review backlog and they just haven't gotten to it yet?

Ok changed for pitiful person. I quote I wrote I wanted smashed his face but obviously wanted write I wanted slap his face and it wasn't for real, obviously. But as it was ambiguous so I removed it entirely.

In fact I wanted slap him mentally, so it means I wish I could tell him his truth.

Ok posts changed, mission achieved Chef. At your order Chef. grin

EDIT: Back to topic, no chance of backlog for a week, in fact I submitted close to 10 other reviews just to see what happen, all have been accepted, the review of Avadon still not out.

The (relatively) cruel irony of the story is I also bought the Mac App Store version to have a chance put a review in Mac App Store if I enjoy the game. LOL, ok I give up this crap, I'll think about not buying any other game here, at least if I can buy it elsewhere.

And the double irony is I end with a version of the game I cannot mod, lol. About that Jeff should mention that point very clearly in description of the App, not have done it is VERY unfair. But well perhaps I can try ask through an email for a full version.

There's one rule unclear about the reviews in Mac App Store, it's:

<<Proud the game for its qualities, not at depend of other editors or their applications.>>

I had a reference to Avernum series, to quote graphic improvements from a comparison point. And a reference to Baldur's Gate 1 because some area remind me a lot BG1.

It's on purpose I keep a reference of them because I have seen ton of comments using classical games for comparison point so in a way ambiguous with this rule. I made a quick search and in 10s I found an example of a reivew, in this case mentioning Alien Breeds.

Ton anglais est certainement de beaucoup meilleur que mon français, Vent. Mais je voudrais bien apprendre: comment difficile sont les jeux Spiderweb à comprendre, pour un français? Comme tu dis, c'est tout en anglais et tout texte. Jeff n'est pas pire comme écrivain en anglais; sa texte n'est pas toujours la plus élémentaire. Est-ce que ça va?

(Vent's English is clearly much better than my French. But I'd like to know: how hard are Spiderweb games to understand, for a French person? As Vent said, it's all English text. Jeff's not a bad English writer; his text is not always the most basic. Is that okay?)

Pour moi les textes de Jeff sont d'une facilité déconcertante à lire, il faut savoir lire l'anglais, sans plus, c'est à dire qu'il n'est pas utile d'être vraiment bon en Anglais. Je pense que c'est parce que c'est bien écrit, avec un effort sur la simplicité des phrases (pas forcement du sens) et sans trop de mots rares.

Par contre j'avoue que je trouve qu'il sait moins bien rendre passionnant un récit, et il reste possible que cette impression vienne du fait que je le lise en Anglais.

Cependant je ne pense pas que cela soit la cause de cette impression, parce que je trouve que sur ce point Avadon montre une nette amélioration. Ou encore j'ai joué à Fallout tout en Anglais sans problème et en appréciant le récit et les histoires. En revanche il m'est quasiment impossible de lire un bon roman en Anglais et d'y prendre plaisir.

Il reste vrai que si les jeux Spiderweb étaient en Français et bien traduits ce serait quand même un plus significatif.

(The short English answer: Jeff texts are quite easy to read, and it's not really a problem to understand them. Fallout is another example of game I played fully in English and enjoyed.... Yes English is a lot shorter than French. wink )

• 3 weeks later...

I found a review for Avadon on an Italian site and it didn't do the game justice. It is written bya guy that never played the game, and this says all. So I wrote a proper review (my job, after all) and posted it as a comment.

My humble but enthusiastic effort pleased the review's author.

Here you find the page:

http://www.retrogaminghistory.com/content.php?3849-Avadon-quando-lo-stile-retro-non-fa...-stile

It is a bit too hard for my knowledge to translate it, but you could try Babelfish and see what happens. I know, it's an atrocious device.

As you say entering Avadon's gate: "I was glad to help" :-)