Runner Faiga has lost her mind

Clocknova

So I've returned to Dhorl Stead to arrest their evil, oppressive lord, and I decide to stop by to see Runner Faiga. Imagine my surprise to find that she for some reason considers me a murderer and threatens to kill me if I do not leave. Did I miss something? When I last saw her, this was not her response. Seems pretty illogical to me.

Shaman Unni is also responding to some sort of disaster that clearly never happened. The whole town seems to have gone nuts.

By the time you arrive in Dhorl Stead, Lord Carsta'Arl has already sent one of his hunters (can't remember his name) to warn the town that you have come to kill them all. Doesn't matter if you actually want to kill them or not - it's what he tells them, and they are all acting as though you have stolen their babies and their beadwork. If you run into any NPC's in the town at all, they will try to kill you. The only exceptions that I know of are the old shaman woman (who appears to have had a nervous breakdown), Runner Faiga and husband (who you can convince to just leave), and Laurella's father (who refuses to leave as he is waiting for Laurella to come home).

You can try to argue with the NPC's, saying you are just here for Lord Carsta'Arl, and they will still try to kill you, saying that he is their only protection, etc. The only way to avoid killing anyone is to avoid all NPC's.

I felt the same. Didn't like Runner Faiga's change in perspective, she is a cool character, expected to act independently, not to believe rumors the Lord spread. And didn't like to kill the hunter and the warriors. But I presume this is part of Avadon next episode, say, free a territory to establish new rulers, possibly hostile to Avadon. Can't say.

It seemed reasonable to me. Carsta'arl may be a bastard, but he's also a necessary evil: numerous characters in and around Dhorl Stead point out that in a nation as brutal and warlike as Khemeria, people are either vassals of a local strongman, or the victims of his warriors. It doesn't surprise me that the people of Dhorl Stead prefer the former, what with the substantially reduced rate of murder, rape, and pillage enacted upon them. Even in the ending where the town's population take over Oghrym'tor, it's clear that life gets substantially harder for them, and that's about the best they could have hoped.

Originally Posted By: FnordCola
Even in the ending where the town's population take over Oghrym'tor, it's clear that life gets substantially harder for them, and that's about the best they could have hoped.

Instead of letting them be over-run by a competing stead, I let them die on my blade. Now that's compassion