Need Help Sorceress Shade

Jasmine Hynes

It helps to waste speed items here to get it done quickly.

Melee attacks will get you slowed.

Don't leave combat mode since I think monsters heal like your party and that might be part of your problem.

Have some way of dealing with charm and mental effects on all your party characters.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door.

Are we talking about the shade

Click to reveal..
below the abandoned farmhouse in the Beraza Woods? The one who keeps teleporting party members away?

She has no resistance to fire or acid. A wand of corruption will pile on damage for several rounds even if everyone is busy elsewhere. Use a speed scroll or potions to get in as much damage as possible before she has a chance to zap one of you. Summon a pet or two for extra help and just keep hitting her with whatever you've got. Go ahead and use some wands and potions.

Without knowing your party makeup I can't be much more specific than that; I hope it helps. smile

I did this one just today...

There's no one trick to beating her - she's pretty tough, but you just have to keep trying. It gets a little bit easier once you've killed all the various undead that materialize on the platforms she banishes you to, because then she can't call on as many reinforcements. She can still summon undead one at a time, but not en masse.

As others have noted, speed helps, as do various other buffs (blessing crystals, etc.). Also, remember that she's limited the same way you are - her abilities have to recharge after each use. So if she banishes one character, it will be a few turns before she can banish another, during which time you just keep hitting her as hard as you can with your remaining characters. Missile weapons work better than melee - she slows you down if you try to fight her hand to hand. Just keep hammering her with razordisks and spells, but be aware that it will take a while.

And if you keep trying and still can't beat her, leave and come back once you've gained a few more levels. My party is mostly around level 16 now, and it was still about the toughest fight I've yet faced.

I found the various teleports (to a creature for the blademaster, from the creatures for the shadowwalker, to anywhere for whoever's wearing the teleport scarab) to be immensely useful here -- and I was willing to use a potion or two to reset those abilities.

Teleport is even better in combination with summoning: if you summon a creature and then teleport away, your summon will distract the undead for long enough to make good your escape. Teleport as far north as you can see, or west if you're in that furthest-south spot, and run back to fight the sorceress. That way everyone can be together to kill *her,* without worrying about the adds one has left behind.

• 1 month later...

I defeated her with Shadow Walker, Shaman, and Sorceress the other day - she was quite easy and did not require many consumables IIRC. She banished the Shadow Walker first, but he killed the mobs and got back before she banished the Sorceress. Can't remember if the Sorceress died, but I don't think so. It was on hard mode.

Maybe I was lucky to have the Shadow Walker banished first.