An odd thing happened when talking with Shima

spidersilk

I just returned from my second trip to Zhethron's realm (the quest with the ogres) to discover Jennell gone, and be assigned to go make peace between Holklanda and Kellemderial (did I spell that right? the name pretty much slips out of my mind when it's not directly in front of me).

En route to Jennell's quarters, I ran into Shima, who said he needed to talk to me about something important. But I never got to find out what it was! He said something to the effect that I didn't have to ask him about his past but I should, and I started to, but then it just dropped me back to the default conversation options, with no option to ask him any more about that or what he thought was so important to tell me! I went through the options it gave me several times over, dropped out of the conversation and then started it again, etc., but there was no way to get back to the conversation he'd attempted to start, so I have no idea what it was going to be about!

Short of going back to a previous save file and hoping it goes differently this time, is there any way of finding out?

If I remember correctly, Shima just talks about his relationship with Hoklanda and Kellemderiel (I have the map printed, I don't actually memorize spellings). The dialogue provides you with a bit of interesting conversation, but I don't believe that it is actually important for any quests or anything.

Ah, OK - thanks. I did indeed end up taking a peek at the script file, and it looks like I didn't miss too much. I guess maybe this conversation was more just a getting-to-know-you thing.

BTW, I do like the fact that all the companions have distinct personalities and histories and aren't just skill sets. I actually found myself feeling guilty for not taking Shima out yet (I hadn't because my main character is a shadowalker too). I guess you know the NPCs are really starting to feel "real" to you when you catch yourself feeling guilty for snubbing one!