Help! finding Carsta'Al

friendly spider

I took the quest to hunt down Carsta-Al in his castle, but then in his throne room he released the wizard's goblet and ran off to the east. My inventory was full, so I headed back to town to trade before pursuing him, and now I can't find him anywhere. Did I miss my chance? All the gates are shut. Where is he supposed to be?

Hmm, I'm not sure if the sequence breaks upon leaving, but I imagine you can still get back in it. Each battle/confrontation opens the next area. Normally the beginning part of this sequence is:

Click to reveal..

1. Speak with Carsta'Arl in his throne room, until he flees

2. Follow him out the eastern door of that throne room, and kill whovever's there

3. Head up to the northwest part of the Tor, where there's a little lake surrounded by trees, and deal with the shaman, Lady Antje.

Step three should open the next area, to the east.

King Castrata is not the problem, its his wife. I've knocked seven bells out of her, and all the creatures she conjures up, and never once have I been able to cause her any damage - and I mean absolutely no damage. So this scene could go on for hours, days even, which is pretty boring.

The hints in the hint book do not apply. Even Superman is more vulnerable.

Perhaps my little fighting team need to be at level 789 before they start to cause her any trouble.

Anyone any insane ideas on this one.

Glenmac, the wolves she's summoning aren't what you're looking for: you can ignore them. As echoes and the turtle moves says, you need to send a character down behind the trees to look for the spirit wolf. It will have "spirit" in its name.

There's no use continuing to try to kill antje when she's immune -- you're not going to suddenly hit on something that works("aha! acid damages her!") or even slowly wear her down. There's only one way through: kill the spirit wolf, and the battle is straightforward.

Thanks for the help on that, but I guarantee I wouldn't have found it without your help, because even with your hints I only found it by accident - namely I was looking for something odd, even when I saw something odd it almost didn't register.

I'm not sure that this is "playing the game". I don't mind obscure clues, that's part of the fun. But when one's accidentally comes across the name before being able to see the creature is pushing the boundaries a little too far.

Anyway, thanks for your help everyone.

Now I'm off to hunt for Vinvella and Sibel who appear to have migrated to China - possibly together.