Spanked by the Beraza Bandits (SPOILERS?)

othersean

I've been doing alright so far, but am getting spanked by the Beraza Bandits. After surviving a fight with a bunch of swordsmen and archers (EDIT: with the help of some consumables), I don't seem to be able to produce enough damage output to kill the main boss-mage before some other bandits show up and help him massacre me. Have I totally screwed up my build?

(My blademaster so far.)

Relatively low dexterity is part of your problem on why you are taking damage, but I've run a sorceress with almost the same amount so you can survive if you don't mind healing a lot.

You are a few levels lower than I was at that point so doing some optional quest will help. You can go back to autosave and have to redo your earlier fights when you are more powerful.

The biggest problem is putting so much into hamstring before building up archery and melee weapon skills. You need to increase your damage per hit. With that build melee attacks are probably your best bet and use speed potions to stay in battle frenzy. You can always summon a pet to keep the others off your back a few rounds while you get the mage boss.

Fill the bottom level of the skill tree to max and the middle column, then add lots of dexterity and you're pretty much untouchable, even on torment. I didn't start to put points into the top level skills until the last few areas of the game.

But forget about challenge, it's not that useful compared to the other skills.