Is "Shadowstep" supposed to be this good?

Chrysolepis

Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered, but I can't tell if the Shadowwalker's "Shadowstep" is a really great or very buggy ability. After using it, there is a long pause in which you can actually use up to 3 other shadowalker abilities so long as they don't require targeting and you do them in the right order.

My favorite is to Shadowstep, do Shadowwalker's Focus, Heal, and then do the Blade Whirlwind. You can also opt for the flash powder, though the graphic takes a long time to resolve and I haven't had much luck fitting in anything after it.

In my mind, performing these abilities as a coda to Shadowstep is a logical expression of this ability, with it's focus on great speed and sneakiness. However, sometimes some strange debug code appears at the bottom, making me doubt that it's supposed to happen. Also, one time I activated an ability while in mid-Shadowstep and for some reason I was teleported OFF of the map: standing on the opposite side of a rock wall in Jhereth Deeps that was supposed to bound the map area, far from my party still in the fight. Suspicious but really a fun ability especially given that a lot of the Shadowwalker's powers on the right side don't really seem to pack enough punch on their own.

That definitely sounds like a bug, both in that it's drastically overpowered and that it seems to confuse the workings of the game. Thematically appropriate or not, even a for a character with battle frenzy it's extremely difficult to get three actions in a turn, so it stands to reason that an ability that lets a character use four (counting the initial shadowstep) is a bit broken.

If this has come up, I haven't seen it. You should mention it to Jeff.

There are definitely issues with being able to use abilities after your turn ends but before the next one begins. The longer your turn takes to finish up (and it sounds like this ability takes a while, I haven't actually used it yet), the more "bonus abilities" you can get it. They are definitely not supposed to be there.