A General Avadon Poll

Callie

Originally Posted By: Triumph
Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
Oh, god. It's the Cordelia effect, in red bar graph.

Elucidate, please.

It's obvious that the poll results bar that Slarty loves the most rejected him as he lay dying on his deathbed (unlike the other bars, which claimed to love him), so he banished it, not knowing that it was really the only bar that actually loved him, while the others are pretending. Alas, the poll closed before he realized this, and he was driven mad by his rejection by the other bars that he thought loved him.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Originally Posted By: Triumph
Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
Oh, god. It's the Cordelia effect, in red bar graph.

Elucidate, please.

It's obvious that the poll results bar that Slarty loves the most rejected him as he lay dying on his deathbed (unlike the other bars, which claimed to love him), so he banished it, not knowing that it was really the only bar that actually loved him, while the others are pretending. Alas, the poll closed before he realized this, and he was driven mad by his rejection by the other bars that he thought loved him.

Shakespeare is still reeling in his grave from this tragedy.

For class skills:

Blademaster - path of the shield to get parry, archery training to get sharpshooter spray since there is not more fun than blasting a swarm.

Shadowwalker - razordisk training since it almost as good as sharpshooter spray.

Sorceress - focus mastery for absorbing spell damage and reducing recharge times, this increases the number of area attacks in a long fight and makes the class almost into a tank.

Overall Rating: I give the game a 9/10. There are a few minute things that could be fixed/ improved, and the story isn't especially original. I still found the story morally compelling, and some of the choices hard to make. I think it is more engaging if you don't play as a power-hungry maniac.

Which is your least favorite character?: This is something I'm really torn on. I don't like the sorceress class, but without Nathalie in my party I missed out on her back story, which is apparently very good. I suppose Sevilin is next in line. Like Shima, he's rather obsessed with revenge, but I also don't like his portrait. He just doesn't look trustworthy. Once again I may have missed out on some of his back story since he wasn't in my party much.

Which is your favorite character?: I'm going to go with Jenell, just because she's pretty neutral, and, being raised in a rural environment, I like nature.

Which class did you choose on your first playthrough?: Blademaster, enough said.

Which is your least favorite class?: Sorceress. Yeah it's cool to have all those abilities, but she's so fragile that she turns into more of a liability, especially when her area attacks aggro lots of enemies.

Which is your favorite class?: It's pretty close between shadowwalker and blademaster. Shadowwalkers have more diverse offensive abilities, plus the concept is really cool, but I think I'm going to go with the blademaster because buffs aren't bad, at high levels parry gets up to around 50% (on normal), and sometimes it's just nice to be able to absorb a lot of damage.

Shima's character develops more later on in the game. You get some interesting dialog from Sevelin in the beginning since he's from the Kva.

Favorite Class: Shaman

Least Favorite: Not sure

Favorite Character: Jenelle

Least favorite character: Sevelin

Character used on 1st playthrough: blademaster

Overall Rating: 7

I love the combat system: I thought all of the fights were interesting. The ambient noises are great, and the random spurts of rain really add to the game. I think the greatest aspect of this game is the dialog. The characters are what really add to the game, and I personally think this game had the best dialog of all of Jeff's game. On the other hand, the plot is really disappointing, and we don't get to see much of Lynaeus.

My favorite skills are Beserk Leap, Corruption Cloud, Cunning Decoy, and Earthshatter.

Originally Posted By: Soul of Wit

Can someone explain the love for Nathalie? In real life, her enthusiasm would drive me crazy. I used her only for her mission and for the ultimate battle.

My favorite characters in a game (or book, or movie) aren't necessarily the people I would like or trust the most in real life. They're the most interesting and unique characters.

• 2 months later...

Nathalie might seem the worst character in the beginning of the story but she comes out quite well later on. Consider she's only seventeen and she didn't yet suffer life in a dramatical way as the other members of the party already experienced. She's is also a frustrated "enfant prodige", but also the only one of the party that "grows up" along the game. She physically and mentally suffers much the hidden battle in Trail of the Drake land, finds out maybe what her limits are, still she uses her pride and will to fight pain and injures. She's not that bad to me.

Shadowwalkers just have something attractive abt them.

Jenelle has got the best personality.

Nathalie gets my vote for the most dangerous in the squad. she kicks ass. but sounds like a nagging wife.

Shima gets my vote for the most touching life story.

Sevelin gets my vote for being the strongest in the squad in terms of how easy attacks damage him. useful when distracting enemies from Nathalie.

avadon has better graphics compared to his predecessors but geneforge still rules