Ryozo papers

Øther

Not really sure what to do here, and would apprieciate a little advice on what to do. THe character that I am currently playing is going to want the pact strong, but will eventually (if he can) take out Redbeard. The thing is, I don't know what the outcome of this quest will have on the game. If I turn the commander in, he will of course be arrested, possibly killed. But I'm don't entirely think that the papers are real, and if I turn him in, I might be weakening the pact in some way. How does this quest effect the game? (btw, not looking for spoilers, just wondering what outcome of this quest has on the pact)

This particular decision probably isn't all that significant one way or the other (on the one hand, the Wayfarer isn't offering all that much reward for this particular favor, but on the other hand, if Ryozo is innocent then Avadon will probably figure that out before executing him).

However, this type of decision is inevitably going to keep coming up. The Pact's interests will not always coincide with what best strengthens your personal position. And if taking out Redbeard is even possible, you'll need to be very strong in order to do it. If you think you're going to get everything you want without making any compromises whatsoever (has that ever happened in a Spiderweb game?), you're being unrealistic.

You should be able to reach the level cap of 30 and have good enough stuff to challenge Redbeard without doing any of the Wayfarer's quests. Biggest thing with that is getting all your companions to fight with you and having lots of consumables like speed elixirs.