Orian Quests: poss. bug

osnola

After doing the 2 Orian Quests and getting the rewards, I speak again to Eye Acadia to see if she can help me to find the Hidden Ogres. She can not, but she gives me again (and again) the 2 Orian Quests to do, some experience and the corresponding rewards when I say that I have already done them...

I had trouble with the Orian quest on my first runthrough also. I followed and harassed Orian out in the woods without receiving the quest from the castle. Then a bit later I met him somewhere (forgot where) and fought him and his two pets. Only after that did I meet the person who gives the quest to find him, but I was not able to tell that person I'd already found him and beaten the stuffing out of him.

So what happens if you see Orian in the woods, forget that you're supposed to follow him and allow him to disappear, and then go back into the woods at a later point, when he seems to have vanished? Can you still complete the "Follow Orian" quest or are you stuck on that particular quest? Thanks in advance...

I seem to be having a problem with this quest as well. I have been wandering around for 20 minutes now, along the road, by the abandoned camp, waiting, walking, everything I can think of. No Orian anywhere.

It's entirely possible that I missed him on an earlier go but I'm not getting any message about him poisoning himself either. Eye Acadia is still asking me to look.

Any tips about where to look? Or should I just give up at this point?

Originally Posted By: JD
I seem to be having a problem with this quest as well. I have been wandering around for 20 minutes now, along the road, by the abandoned camp, waiting, walking, everything I can think of. No Orian anywhere.

It's entirely possible that I missed him on an earlier go but I'm not getting any message about him poisoning himself either. Eye Acadia is still asking me to look.

Any tips about where to look? Or should I just give up at this point?

There are three camps in the bandit pits that Orian travels between. They are all in the woods and not on the main road. Wait by any one, and then follow him to the next.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally caught him, too. Ran away whenever I saw him start to move when at a camp, let him get just out of sight when walking his rounds (since by now, I know every step he takes). Finally caught him, and he has now "poof"ed away. Looking forward to seeing him dead some day soon. I think I'll cut his body to pieces and feed it to Jennel's pet wolf. This guy really annoyed me.