A3 Easy gold

What are some fast easy ways to get gold without using the editor or taking jobs from the job boards?

I know that trading savory herbs and fine clothes in Squiggus/Libras can get a good amount of gold fast but eventually they won't buy anymore from you.

I remember back in Exile 3 you can make potions and sell them for a good profit. Not sure if that applies in Avernum 3.

Originally Posted By: Fatman
I remember back in Exile 3 you can make potions and sell them for a good profit. Not sure if that applies in Avernum 3.
I assume you're referring to the potion cheat in Lorelei. It's still there; however, it's been nerfed to the point that it's probably cost-prohibitive.

Originally Posted By: The Turtle Moves
There's also the unicorn horn exploit, but you may consider that to be cheating.
I don't think I heard of that one.

It only works if you haven't already sold a bunch of stuff to Levy in Fort Emergence.

1. Get the unicorn horn collection quest from Captain Agrod near the mayor in Krizsan.

2. Sell one unicorn horn to Levy, but only if his inventory isn't already full.

3. Buy as many unicorn horns back from Levy as you can afford/carry, at 2c each.

4. Turn in unicorn horns to Agrod, for 10c each.

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you're sick of it.

Originally Posted By: The Turtle Moves

1. Get the unicorn horn collection quest from Captain Agrod near the mayor in Krizsan.

2. Sell one unicorn horn to Levy, but only if his inventory isn't already full.

3. Buy as many unicorn horns back from Levy as you can afford/carry, at 2c each.

4. Turn in unicorn horns to Agrod, for 10c each.

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you're sick of it.

yes i would concider that cheating. though it would get you so much gold

• 5 weeks later...

Huh, I was not aware that those quests were actually able to be finished to where they won't take anymore. Is it possible to finish in the same way with the research books in portal fortress, papyrus and pen&paper in spineridge, or the fine meal in that colony? Aside from the fine meal, they also give xp, and the papyrus does stack.