Incarnus + other bugs (SPOILERS)

tehpineapple

So, In Zhetheron's lair, there's a demon name of Incarnus. Who, I guess can not be killed, but when you damage him enough, he disappears, dropping a rune-etched buckler.

When I later returned to that area, there he was again! And when expunged, he dropped yet another buckler! Is this supposed to be repeatable? And does it repeat indefinitely? (I'll assume it does)

EDIT: Other bugs are starting to manifest now. My shaman who is nearing lvl 30, can't summon creatures anymore. Well, she can, but they disappear the moment they are summoned. (Wolves + Hellhounds, I haven't trained up the right side of the skill tree)

Originally Posted By: tehpineapple
So, In Zhetheron's lair, there's a demon name of Incarnus. Who, I guess can not be killed, but when you damage him enough, he disappears, dropping a rune-etched buckler.

When I later returned to that area, there he was again! And when expunged, he dropped yet another buckler! Is this supposed to be repeatable? And does it repeat indefinitely? (I'll assume it does)

If you get exp, then this is an easily exploitable glitch, and if you're prone to making the most out of the system, exploit it like there is no tomorrow laugh.

I'll look at the Incarnus thing.

As for the summoning issue, I can look at a saved game. Please save the game with the character that's having problems summoning in it.

Send the saved game to support@spiderwebsoftware.com and I can take a look. Save the game to the upper left slot, go to the saved game folder (in Documents/Spiderweb Software), compress the folder Save0, and send that to us.

- Jeff Vogel

This doesn't matter nearly as much in Avadon as it would in Geneforge or [especially] Avernum. You pretty much had to use exploits (like the skribbane resale thing in A6) to get to the level cap in those games, but in Avadon you'll hit it by the early part of the endgame if you do all the major sidequests.

The infinite coinage from buckler sale is a somewhat more useful exploit, though even then it would be such a slow way to make money that only the most insanely dedicated munchkin would bother to use it.

Oh, one other thing you 'might' call a bug, which is: I play in windowed mode and often cmd-tab about to do other stuff. Thing is, if I cmd-Q the other program I'm using, it quits, then Avadon comes to the front and says "would you like to save before quitting?" and then I have no option to cancel, so I save and quit.

It's a very minor annoyance though, maybe not worth attending to.

• 2 weeks later...