Jhereth Deeps Water

Nelzoma

When you go underground to Jhereth Deeps, there is a part where to continue, you must turn a wheel to lower the level of the water blocking your path. Wasn't tough to figure out and I went on through. The problem is that I decided to leave before I got to the end of the tunnels and finished the quest. When I came back I found the water was back in its original state but when I tried to turn the wheel it wouldn't work. Is this a bug or am I just missing something?

OK, I looked at the code, and it seems to be correct. When you try to turn that wheel, tell me exactly what happens or what message the game gives you.

You can also send a saved game where you are standing at the blockage to support@spiderwebsoftware.com and I can take a look. Save the game to the upper left slot, go to the saved game folder (in Documents/Spiderweb Software), compress the folder Save0, and send that to us.

- Jeff Vogel

PS One final thing to check. Maybe a script is broken. Press 't' to bring up the text console. Leave the area, return, and walk to the water. Watch the text area for anything that looks like an error message, and, if one appears, tell me exactly what it is.

There is indeed a bug here. Thanks for calling it to my attention. This is what I am going to put on the support page tomorrow:

Jhereth Deeps Corridor Stays Blocked With Water

There is a corridor in the Jhereth Deeps blocked with water. You can turn a wheel to unblock it. However, if you leave the region and return, the passage will be blocked again.

This problem will be fixed in v1.0.1. In the meantime, there is a workaround. Download this file:

ftp://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/mac/z7jhareth.txt.zip

Uncompress it and copy it into Avadon Files/Scripts in the Avadon folder. Then leave the Jhereth Deeps and return. The passage should be unblocked.

- Jeff Vogel