Need help getting to new areas (SPOILERS)

Chelsea

So I've made it past the Aiding Zhethron quest and am now in Khemeria. The problem I'm having is that I have a few quests that require me to go north of Dhorl Stead into Dhorla Woods/Moritz'Kri's Tower (including the main quest from Heart Miranda), but when I exit the Dhorl Stead region, no other regions appear on the map. I also have a quest to go to the Jhereth Deeps (somewhere south of Kva?), but can't get there either. At this point, I've fully explored every region available and can't seem to continue forward with the game without finding a new region.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but don't know what that something is. I can go into more detail about my progress if needed. Any hints or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Go back in Dhorl Stead and talk to people in the buildings. After you have been talked to Moritz'Kri at the gate and been denied access, some of them will help you get into the next zones. Some people in the village won't talk to you if Hunter Salom is nearby with his thugs.

Jhereth Deeps isn't available until you finish this quest.

You always have to talk to right person there will be a message in the dialog box that the new zone is now available on the world map.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door.

I have a similar problem but haven't gotten as far as Chelsea. I need to get to Khemeria in the Farlands to find that beast. But I can't get that area to be an option when I leave the area. I believe I have talked to everyone but can't get there. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm sure I've missed the one person I need. :-)

If anyone could tell me what region the spiders were in, that would really help me. I swear I have been in every building in every area I can get to and no luck being able to get to Khemeria. No option to ask about the beast or how to get to the Farlands. Really frustrated right now. I am sure I am missing something glaringly obvious. Which makes it even worse.

The spiders were in the woods northwest of Dhorl Stead.

There are two people in the Dhorl Stead zone who can help you get to the Dhorla Woods after you talk to Moritz'Kri. Northwest of the village, across the river, is Runner Faiga who wants help with a runner on a trophy hunt. In the village, Runner Keller in the center north building, wants a spider killed in those woods. Runner Keller may not talk if Hunter Salom and his thugs are camped in the village center.

• 3 weeks later...

@Hoplite, I know you've spoken with Faiga, but have you told Faiga you're hunting the shadow beast? I think you might have missed the conversation with her that triggers the new area being open on the map.

edit: Oh, and welcome to Spiderweb! As one of the mods regularly warns: leave your sanity at the door. smile

• 1 month later...

Hi! Guys. I also stuck in the Dhorl Stead and cannot get access into Dhorla Woods. I have followed all the hints in this post, talked to Moritz'Kri at the gate, then reverted to Runner Faiga, Runner Keller, Unni, the stonemaker and other people in the village again, and obtained several quests to the wood:

Corrupted Circle

Aid Shavon

The Widow of Bones

But still I cannot open the new area on the map. Do I miss something out? Does anyone help me out?

Contrary to what was said earlier in this thread, talking to Runner Kellen will NEVER reveal the Dhorla Woods. Here's what you need to have done:

1) Talk to Mortiz'Kri and be refused entry

2) Talk to Runner Faiga and tell her you were refused entry

3) Tell Runner Faiga you are hunting the beast

4) Ask her where to find it

• 4 months later...

Reviving an old thread: I have a similar problem only much earlier (I guess). I have run out of things to do and am stuck in The Kva with only Kva Lands, Goldcrag, the Wretch Warrens and Zethrons Aerie.

I have done all of the quests that were available, most of the quest-givers tell me that they have something to do but are waiting until I am more experienced (level 9 at the moment), they can save more gold, etc.

Anything that I might have missed?

Originally Posted By: Cantello
Reviving an old thread: I have a similar problem only much earlier (I guess). I have run out of things to do and am stuck in The Kva with only Kva Lands, Goldcrag, the Wretch Warrens and Zethrons Aerie.

I have done all of the quests that were available, most of the quest-givers tell me that they have something to do but are waiting until I am more experienced (level 9 at the moment), they can save more gold, etc.

Anything that I might have missed?

If you've wiped out the wretches as per Zhethron's quest and finished the other available side quests, it's probably time to go back to the pylon in Goldcrag and return to Avadon. There, you can meet with Heart Miranda, give her your report, and receive your next quest. You should also talk to all the important characters (your four companions, Heart Callan, Eye Leira, Nicodemus, and the chap pacing around in the upstairs library) whenever you return to Avadon, as they'll often have new quests for you, and they tend to reward you with scarabs.

Originally Posted By: Micawber
The room at Avadon where you meet Fabron. The automap note is "upper library", it's upstairs, and it's got bookshelves in it, so it's going to be pretty hard for you to dispute that it's an upstairs library.

Exactly. It's rather hard to miss if you look around the upstairs level.