Request for Spoilers re Collection Quests and $$

Colonel Haste

I find myself with a whip and a fishing rod and various other worthless items in the fear that a collection quest looms in the future. This doesn't increase my enjoyment so I'm interested in knowing whether I can relegate this stuff to my junk bag.

Also, I'm wondering how much to sell versus save my items. What generally do we end up spending money on in this game? Unlike Avernum it seems you can't buy training or spells, so am I just saving up for a fancy new scarab (or 20 scarabs?), or are there other uses for money as the game progresses?

Thanks in advance,

Colonel Haste and his trusty Shadowwalker Rafe.

Click to reveal..

1) I don't know about collection quests, as I haven't hit any yet, but I've held on to my drake skins (because of the descrip), and a cake I found (because its a spidweb game)

2) Things you can buy: training (yes, there are some places to buy training, or at least one in my playthrough so far). Scarabs, yes. I've also bought some equipment from under castle Vebeaux (Titansteel stuff)

Money is tight for over half the game so avoid buying much besides lockpicks and a few scarabs before Castle Vebeaux (1/3 of the way through the game). There are trainers in a few places that are expensive.

Collection quests:

Click to reveal..

Arcane Scrolls

Drake Skins

Runestones can be used to enhance equipment.