Does anyone have the old versions of Exile?

PGLB

The original version of Exile 3 isn't significantly different from the current version. It's only E2 and E3 that got graphics facelifts and some other changes. Doesn't E1 have APs now instead of the old one man, one action system?

—Alorael, who confesses that he doesn't play the older Exiles very much. Yes, he is one of those Avernum lovers your parents and certain board members tell you to avoid.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally written by For Shame:
The original version of Exile 3 isn't significantly different from the current version. It's only E2 and E3 that got graphics facelifts and some other changes. Doesn't E1 have APs now instead of the old one man, one action system?

—Alorael, who confesses that he doesn't play the older Exiles very much. Yes, he is one of those Avernum lovers your parents and certain board members tell you to avoid.
AFAIK, Exile has had APs forever. I played Exile 1 a long, LONG time ago, never got a patched version (mine was from the AOL library), and it always had APs.

According to my computer, my copy of E3 was last modified April 1997. When did it get a graphics face-lift?

I would replay E3, but after you've beaten it 17 times in every way you can think of (all sliths, Anama, all mages, singleton, etc.) it gets kinda hard to remain interested.

Quote:
Originally written by Arenax:
Quote:
Originally written by For Shame:

AFAIK, Exile has had APs forever. I played Exile 1 a long, LONG time ago, never got a patched version (mine was from the AOL library), and it always had APs.
Exile 1.00 did not have APs. Then again, it got ported to PC after 1.00, and most people have never even heard of it.

It made combat interesting, especially with enemies' tendency to use Slow as much as possible and then some.

I meant that E1 and E2 got new graphics, not E3. It has always had the same graphics, and its graphics invaded the other two.

—Alorael, who is also pretty sure that Exile went through an intermediate graphics set between the crude originals and pretty E3 graphics. They were something like the E2 graphics. Does that ring bells for anyone?

Quote:
Originally written by -08:
Wait. Once i downloaded them from a different site, and the graphics were weird, but also the sounds were different. I can't really remember what they looked like, but sorta like a comic book characters i guess. :p Are these the ones you're talking about?
Screens/actual explanations are nice. laugh

Lol. Sorry but i dont got them on this comp anymore. I deleted them cause they dont work well with this windows xp, althought they do work well with the other one. However, i have noticed that some of the graphics come with the game when you download it, but they arent used. I dont know why, but this applies only to exile 1. confused

Quote:
Originally written by -08:
Lol. Sorry but i dont got them on this comp anymore. I deleted them cause they dont work well with this windows xp, althought they do work well with the other one. However, i have noticed that some of the graphics come with the game when you download it, but they arent used. I dont know why, but this applies only to exile 1. confused
I just might have to track down the old Exile 1 installer, then. I think I even know where to get it.

And if not, I can probably dig up my old computer.