Geneforge Creations in Movies

So I was watching 300 last night and for anyone who has seen the movie, do you remember the "monster" the Persians set loose that attacked Leonidas? He engaged the king and put the scar on his helmet and then got his head chopped off by Leonidas? Well, I was thinking while watching that, if I had to make a movie about Geneforge I think that would be a perfect visual for a Battle Alpha, perhaps a Thahd? Can anyone else see that or am I just playing too much Geneforge? tongue

Can anyone else think of possible creations in movies? The only one other one I can think of right now in a funny way is the spider in Lord of the Rings. That kinda reminds me of a Plated Clawbug seeing that his hit accuracy was REALLY poor.

Yea, and I even think that you and I could agree that if Fyora's were made that big then the Shaping got a little out of control. smile

I think I thought of another one, there were basically huge Clawbugs in the new version (and the old version) of Clash of the Titans. Come to think of it, in both movies the scorpions had a good bit of trouble hitting the target as in the games......

I have been trying to think of anything like a Vlish but have no idea at all.

Originally Posted By: SpaceCadetHX
Yea, and I even think that you and I could agree that if Fyora's were made that big then the Shaping got a little out of control. smile
*cough*Drakons.*cough*
Any movie that has tentacles in it are really vlish. How else do you expect them to make money?

Originally Posted By: Tirien
*cough*Drakons.*cough*
Any movie that has tentacles in it are really vlish. How else do you expect them to make money?

Actually, I see what you referenced from the movie. I was thinking you meant the T-Rex was the Fyora.

Also, I guess Frankenstein can be a Rotgroth until we find a better replacement. =)

Well, various descriptions do mention that unique creations (sparkling from G5, scarred from G2, etc.) are substantially larger than normal for the species, so there are doubtless some pretty big fyoras. How big, Jeff mostly leaves up to our imaginations. Shame there wasn't a Fyora Rex optional boss in one of the Geneforges.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: The Mystic
Originally Posted By: Txgangsta
The attack of the giant caterpillars?
I think that might be best suited for the Artila.

The Cluster lizards in Lexx, most notably in the movie "I Worship His Shadow" and the episode "Terminal". Every time an artila screams and dies I think how cool it would be if they moved like Cluster lizards instead of inching.

Unfortunately I can't find any online images.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll start from Tier 1-2-3-4-5 and go Fire,Battle,Magic.

Fyora: Raptor-like creature with ability to spray fire.

Thahd: I don't know, but this always reminds me of men made out of clay, (Prometheus)

Artila: A worm.

Roamer: If you look at the Geneforge 5 picture with Rawal, they are shown to look like dogs.

Clawbug: A scorpion.

Vlish: On a small scale, they look like a body part (disembodied heart, with veins and such) or food.

Drayk: A crawling variation of lizard/dragon.

Battle Alpha: In the older games, they look like gigantic Neanderthals, in G4/G5, they look more hairy, however those markings on them persist, perhaps some sort of tribal human.

Glaahk: Ok.. this looks like a Tyrannosaurus without hands, a bug head and it's tail on backwards to me.

Krysarkk: Like another dinosaur.

Rotgroth: It looks like someone tall who needs immediate medical attention!

Wingbolt: I couldn't quite tell what looked like a Wingbolt until I saw a hawk flying with a squirrel in its clutch, to make a winged creature, however with a long, curved tail.

Drakon: Humanoid dragon.

War Thrall: Sort of like.. a troll from mythology with a pouch.

Gazer: No idea.

This is one of my first posts. smile

First of all welcome to spiderweb forums. This is for information or talking about the games. So i hope you have fun here. any thing not about the games should be taken to the forum "General"

I think the gazer would look like...darn. that IS tough! i have no idea. where ever jeff got that idea was pretty good.

Originally Posted By: loyal servile of sasuke uchiha
First of all welcome to spiderweb forums. This is for information or talking about the games. So i hope you have fun here. any thing not about the games should be taken to the forum "General"

I think the gazer would look like...darn. that IS tough! i have no idea. where ever jeff got that idea was pretty good.

It's from D&D, just google "Beholder". It's actually one of the more powerful and independent monsters there, too, so he didn't even need to change much, aside from the name.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Originally Posted By: loyal servile of sasuke uchiha

It's from D&D, just google "Beholder". It's actually one of the more powerful and independent monsters there, too, so he didn't even need to change much, aside from the name.

But how do they sleep?
I think their eyes would be quite itchy..

• 1 month later...