Mindduel

Mestalidd

Could someone explain exactly what this does? It sounded neat and possibly a huge headache saver for long dungeons against casters but I didnt really fully understand it so I decided it was best to leave it alone. Is it like every round there is a X chance based on X that X amount of spellpoints is tranfered from one of the two participants to the other, like gambling spellpoints? Something like that?

You basically have it. The chance is influenced by your current SP, I think by your Intelligence, and definitely by wearing a Ring of Will. It is decreased if you are dumbfounded. You will usually win if you are wearing a Ring of Will, and do quite a bit of damage: not only can you recover and even supplement your natural SP that way, once you have reduced enemy SP, it will dumbfound them, and even kill them.

I won't spoil anything, but Mindduel is the intended solution to one very important fight, very late in the game. Solberg talks about this.

Mindduel is not a continuous effect. A single mindduel happens, with a single transfer of SP and possible side effects, each turn you cast the spell.

So, yeah, it uses up AP on the turn you use it smile

The main problem with Mindduel is that it's sometimes slow, and the things you would want to Mindduel are often quite dangerous. It would be more attractive if the seriously exploitative ways of dealing with Rakshasi et al. did not exist (antimagic fields, null bug and basilisk simulacrums, etc.)

Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
I can't remember whether Blades of Exile set Rakshasa as a demon or not. It might've been a beast.

oh I mean Exile 3. Some people on the forums talk about being able to easymode the black halberd dungeon because they could ravate spirit the Rakshasa, but I was never able to. S: Also when I played through last it wouldnt let me gut out the trogglo castle after kicking some kazi butt it just displayed the 'they stopped you and sent you back to your room' special encounter. Disapointing, I had saved all my bag room for the drops there. :\

• 2 months later...

i minddueled renthar-irthmo the last person you fight in exile 3 hell ofa lot of sp ring of will+high intelligence = one mean mind dueling machine, mindduel is an interesting spell wish they had it in avernum 3 but they dont, plus be sure to finish the trog and giant missions bringing down the barrier before you loot the castle, i got 4000 gold and tons of stuff in their enough to make several trips back for more and more on top of it, if you dont complete the barrir mission it will kick you out of the castle, and when i say loot i mean kill vothkaro and every thing in the place, vothkaro is easy one kill spell should do him in hope this helps

Clint